Honeymoon @ The Tropikist

54 room 2* budget hotel in Crown Point (listing)
Andre

Honeymoon @ The Tropikist

Post by Andre »

:? Dear forum,

My fiance and I are considering spending our honeymoon at the Tropikist in Tobago.

Yes, I have read mixed reviews and am not so sure now.

From what I have read, it does seem a really nice hotel. Maybe I am paniking!!!!

What does the people say?

Kind regards.

Andre
Clyde Alleyne
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Clyde Alleyne »

Andre, it's hard to say whether Tropikist is a good fit for your honeymoon, since you gave no other hints of what is important to you. For example, what attracted you about Tropikist in the first instance - was it location, price, convenience, amenities, beach access etc.. Do you plan to stay mainly in the hotel or explore the island via rented car? What luxury level are you looking for? Tropikist is probably 3-star. Do you prefer rustic or all mod cons? How important is the quality of the hotel food to you? (a lot of forum posts were not flattering about their food). I assume that you read the forum reviews on Tropikist? if not, go here http://mytobago.info/accommodation2e.php/26

If you can add some more preferences and details, you might be able to get some meaningful comments or suggestions.

Clyde
Andre

The tropikist

Post by Andre »

Thank you for your prompt response.

Well, I have already read the spec. on the hotel, i.e. Sup/all-inclusive. Just have reservations regarding the various reviews. Maybe I should throw caution to the wind and GO for it!!......lol.

It's the 1st time in Trinbago for my fiance, so I just don't want her to be "writing any future reviews" if you know what I mean.

The reason we are considering it is due to cost.

The pix etc that I have seen so far, all seem ok, but just need to read more recent reviews of satisfaction.

Kind regards,

Andre
Clyde Alleyne
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Clyde Alleyne »

Andre, the 2006 and early 2007 Tropikist comments posted on the forum were very positive, which suggests that Tropikist has improved from the time the negative posts had been posted. I am sure that once they learn that you are on honeymoon, they will make sure that you are taken care of.
Clyde
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Andre

Welcome aboard! :lol: Sorry for the delay in providing my usual welcome to the forum, but I'm now in Tobago and don't have my usual rapid access to the forum.

Yes, Clyde is absolutely right. There seems to have been a distinct change in management attitudes at the Tropikist in the last three years. I think they have realised that there's no smoke without fire, bowed to public pressure, changed the management and are putting more effort into customer relations. Whilst we are not getting 'rave' reviews, we are equally no longer getting the preponderance of negative reports. The Tropikist always represented excellent value in terms of the rooms, location and general amenities. It was simply the catering and management's attitude in the event of complaint that left an awful lot to be desired.

So, go for it! Enjoy and let us know your impressions.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Tropikist Beach Hotel”