My first holiday outside the EU

135 room luxury 4* beachside resort at Crown Point (listing)
Bekki J

My first holiday outside the EU

Post by Bekki J »

Hi All,

I am after your comments if possible - after 26 years of living with a dreadful phobia of flying I have spent some months attending analytical therapy which has lessened my fear enough for me to consider getting on a plane to see the world!

To celebrate (and have a second honeymoon) my husband and I are planning to book the Coco Reef for April next year with 2 friends. I have always wanted to visit the caribbean in particular to see white beaches, clear sea and amazing wildlife.

Tobago leapt out as the place for me as soon as I read some info on this site.

Basically, what I am asking is:

1) Will Tobago live up to my expectations, it is a lot of money to spend on a holiday and will be my first experience of long haul - so it needs to be good!

2) Is the Coco Reef the place for us? We are all in our late 20's and 30's but enjoy quiet, relaxed days, a bit of sightseeing and nice meals with a good bottle of wine rather than clubs and nightlife!

3) I am not looking for the height of luxury but cleanliness, friendliness and good food are important considerations when booking a holiday - some reviews of CCR are great and others awful which makes me nervous!

Thanks in advance for your help.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Bekki

Welcome aboard! :lol:

Nobody should underestimate the fear of flying. I suffered from it many years ago. So, I learnt to fly. It was rather an expensive way of overcoming my concerns, but it worked. Now I am just scared of the far riskier drive to the airport !!!!

Anyway, well done and I'm sure that this will be the first of many flights for you. Now, to your questions...

The honest truth is that nobody can answer them for you. It is all subjective. NO destination, hotel or restaurant is right for everyone. Nothing that you say gives me bad vibes and makes me immediately think that you might have chosen the wrong island/hotel. Believe you me, there's thousands of people that would take you tickets instantly if given the chance.

From my perspective you're in for a real treat. However, just read our review of the hotel and our various articles on the island and decide if they sound right for YOU.

Good luck. :wink:
Bekki J

Thanks!

Post by Bekki J »

Thanks for your comment.

I am also booked in for my first flying lesson in August! Good minds think alike...? 8)
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Bekki,you will enjoy Tobago.If you are not overly concerned as to luxury look in the accommodation button above,you will find lots of good places to stay.I'm not knocking the CC Reef,however it is classed as one of the best resorts in the Caribbean,perhaps you may want to look further afield on the Island.
If you want a taste of what you can expect visit;
http://www.davidstobago.co.uk
I hope your flight goes well----and remember on the larger aircraft it is just a train!!!! :wink:
David :D

Return to “Coco Reef Resort”