Guest Report

4 beach-side apartments in Castara. (listing)
Valerie Wye

Guest Report

Post by Valerie Wye »

I will never forget the views from the balcony at the Seabreeze. We found the owners to be very helpful when we needed a couple of favours. The apartments are "eccentric" according to my husband. I would have preferred that our apartment be cleaner--there was stuff splattered on the wall and lots of cobwebs on the netting on the bed. However, my hubby didn't notice these things. His only complaint was that the water pressure in the shower was not very strong. Even with the couple of disappointments, we loved our time at Ali-Baba's. And we absolutely loved Castara.
Glen O
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Re: Amazing Views

Post by Glen O »

Hi. We will be in Castara next winter (at Alibaba's). Did you cook for yourself all the time or did you eat out in Castara as well. I'd sure like to hear what you have to say about the different establishments in Castara. Looking forward to going.
Thanks.
Glen
Dianne K

Post by Dianne K »

Glen, I feel like I am cyber stalking you (this is my third reply to your postings). There is a full kitchen in every apartment that included a small fridge, stove/oven, toaster, coffee maker-basically all the comforts of home except for a microwave. We tended to have breakfast in the apartment to enjoy the mot-mots,bananaquits, and other birds as they perched on the balcony rail (the mot mots seemed to appreciate cheese, the bananaquits loved syrup but will eat fruit). As for other meals-there are plenty of places within walking distance. Our typical haunts included Margarite's (up the drive way-turn right-about a 10 min walk) and the Boat House (steps away from the Sea Breeze). I am sure others will jump in with other recommendations. You can also book a fishing trip with Brian (owner of Sea Breeze) and cook your catch. You will have a great time! Dianne
Glen O
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by Glen O »

Hi Dianne
Don't worry about it. After all, I'm asking the questions. I just hope I'm not being too much of a pest.
I also belong to a Riviera Maya forum and I guess I'm just used to a lot of activity on the board.
I appreciate the response to my questions. Even though our trip is a long way off I guess I'm still in that "excited to be going" mode. I'll probably have a lot more questions next winter as we get closer to leaving. Bye for now.

Glen

Return to “Alibaba's Sea Breeze”