Bananaquit

14 apartments in Crown Points (listing)
Caroline Ball

Bananaquit

Post by Caroline Ball »

Hi
Have been checking out the forum for a while for any thoughts on Bananaquit, as we've booked a couple of weeks there at the end of August. Does anyone have any experience of this property? From the email communciation I've had with them, everything sounds positive!

We're so looking forward to this holiday!
Regards
Caroline
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Caroline

Welcome to the forum.

Sadly, I can’t find any user reports of this small (14 room) self-contained apartment hotel. I’ve heard reports that the owners Dennis and Elaine Best are very nice and the one email I’ve had from Dennis does tend to bear this out. Hopefully somebody who has stayed there will see your post and provide a report. If not, I think we can say that the outlook is positive. Please be sure to post a review after you’ve been there.

Have a great trip.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Mike B

Re: Bananaquit

Post by Mike B »

Caroline Ball wrote:Hi
Have been checking out the forum for a while for any thoughts on Bananaquit, as we've booked a couple of weeks there at the end of August. Does anyone have any experience of this property? From the email communciation I've had with them, everything sounds positive!

We're so looking forward to this holiday!
Regards
Caroline
Hi Caroline
We stayed there earlier this year on the recommendation of my partner's brother who lives in Trinidad. We found it handy for the airport, clean, well appointed for the price and Elaine (a Geordie) was helpful and friendly. Sorry this reply is maybe too late. Mike B
Caroline Ball

Review of Bananaquit

Post by Caroline Ball »

We've just returned from 2 very relaxing weeks at Bananaquit and I thought it would be useful to post some information about the property.

It's situated on Store Bay Local Road, around 5 mins walking distance from the airport. It is a small property with all accommodation having kitchenette facilities. Dennis and Elaine who own the property are currently in the process of doing some renovation/building work on their own accommodation, so visitors will see some dust and cement etc.

We stayed in the family suite (located on the first floor) which consisted of a fully fitted kitchen with cooker, large modern fridge freezer and microwave (we felt that the cooker required some updating). There is a small bathroom with toilet and sink and a very small shower room. Both were clean, but again, we felt that they would benefit from some refurbishment. There is a downstairs double bedroom and a "loft" area upstairs that has twin beds and a rather noisy fan on the wall. I had planned for my son to occupy the loft area, however the bannisters surrounding the beds have large gaps between them and I didn't feel comfortable having a small child sleeping there. The lounge area is cool and bright with an air con unit and large TV with cable. There was also a pedestal fan.

Double doors from the kitchen lead out on to a large verandah with a dining table, chairs and sun loungers. Maid service which includes change of towels, bedding and full cleaning takes place after every 3rd night.

Overall, we were happy with the accommodation, however our personal feelings were that the family suite requires some updating. We also thought that the property would benefit from a notice board / reception area, where guests could read information about the island and the many activities available.

Bananaquit is situated next door to the Store Bay Holiday Resort and guests at Bananaquit have use of the swimming pool, via a gate within the grounds.

We were very happy with the location of Bananaquit, it's a few minutes walk from Store Bay Beach and the restaurants in the Crown Point / Store Bay area.

We can highly recommend the "Colada Iguanas" and the food at Cafe Iguana and for a cheap and filling local meal, Bartons BBQ which is situated opposite Jimmys Holiday Apartments. We had BBQ chicken with noodles, rice, lentils, potatoes and salad for around TT$80.00 for two of us.

Also, if you are looking for a fun day out, Keith at the A Team does a fab beach BBQ with chicken and fish, plenty of Rum Punch and lots of soca! This follows a glass bottom boat trip to Buccoo Reef (we weren't keen on going to the reef following information read on this site, however we took this boat trip out of pure convenience. The guys taking the trip did make a big point of discussing the preservation of the reef)

I could go on about the things we enjoyed,but have plenty of work to be getting on with, however I'm happy to answer any specific queries, if anyone has any! I've worked in the Travel Industry for the past 14 years and so feel well place to offer some objective views.
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Caroline - thank you so much for that lovely, objective report of Bananaquit and your visit. That's exactly what we need and hope for on myTobago.info.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Bananaquit”