Getting Around: Introduction
A introduction to travel in and around Tobago
If you are to get the best out of Tobago, it is important to plan how you will get about the island. Apart from the obvious necessities of life, not to tour the island would be almost a crime. The beauty of Tobago is not Crown Point!
We strongly recommend that first-time visitors start their holiday with a tour of the island with a qualified official guide. Apart from anything else, this will provide useful background information, identify major landmarks, introduce you to the road system and provide a gentle indoctrination into local driving habits. The experience gained will benefit you for the rest of your holiday, whether you travel by public transport, taxi or self-drive vehicle rental.
Getting Around Articles
Our Getting About section is broken down into several sections, as follows:
- Bicycle Rental – a guide to hiring bicycles on Tobago
- Car & Jeep Rental – an introduction to car hire on Tobago
- Rental Costs – information about car rental costs and insurance
- Driving Legalities – information about driving legalities
- Vehicle Choice – what sort of vehicle should you choose to tour Tobago?
- Fuelling Up – make sure you know the location of Tobago's few filling stations
- Car Rental Agencies – a full list of car hire agencies on Tobago
- Rental Reviews – see who we recommend for car and jeep hire on Tobago
- Motorcycle Rental – information about hiring motorcycles on Tobago
- Public Transport – information on Tobago's buses and public transport system
- Taxis – information on public and private taxis on Tobago, plus sample fares