Coco Reef Resort - Reader Reports & Opinion
My First Holiday Outside The Eu
I am after your comments if possible - after 26 years of living with a dreadful phobia of flying I have spent some months attending analytical therapy which has lessened my fear enough for me to consider getting on a plane to see the world!
To celebrate (and have a second honeymoon) my husband and I are planning to book the Coco Reef for April next year with 2 friends. I have always wanted to visit the caribbean in particular to see white beaches, clear sea and amazing wildlife.
Tobago leapt out as the place for me as soon as I read some info on this site.
Basically, what I am asking is:
1) Will Tobago live up to my expectations, it is a lot of money to spend on a holiday and will be my first experience of long haul - so it needs to be good!
2) Is the Coco Reef the place for us? We are all in our late 20's and 30's but enjoy quiet, relaxed days, a bit of sightseeing and nice meals with a good bottle of wine rather than clubs and nightlife!
3) I am not looking for the height of luxury but cleanliness, friendliness and good food are important considerations when booking a holiday - some reviews of CCR are great and others awful which makes me nervous!
Thanks in advance for your help.
Coco Reef - Lots Of Questions
Johnathan D. Red
Complete newbie here, but have thoroughly enjoyed reading through all of the posts.
My wife and I are planning on visiting Coco Reef later this month with our 2 young children (both are under . We have a few questions, hopefully you can provide some assistance.
1. Our stay includes breakfast, how much should be budget for lunches and dinner daily if eating at Tamara's (dinner) or Bachanals (lunch) ?
2. Dress code for Tamara's - I have read through numerous posts on this, but couldn't find the answer - if I were to wear slacks, collared shirt and closed-toed dress sandals, would this be acceptable ? Or do I need to wear actual shoes ?
3. Any recommendations for restaurant's within walking distance of the resort ?
4. How good is the room service ? Is it the same as Tamara's or another menu ?
5. How busy is the hotel in the July/August timeframe ? Are there a lot more kids at that time ?
Thanks in advance, looking forward to the replies.
Any Info On Suite
Would anyone know and information on a junior suite with garden view, is this nice accommodation and what is the layout like? Has it one bedroom and a lounge? I can't find a description of it. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks very much
Coco Reef Sea View Room Recommendations ?
Hi Everybody This is my first post on this excellent website and my first visit to Tobago.
We are stopping at the Coco Reef for two weeks at the end of October in a deluxe seaview room and from past experiences in diffent hotels have found rooms can vary greatly.
To try and avoid the hassle of changing rooms if not satisfied can anybody recommend a room that they were totally satisfied with ( If you have photos even better)
Like most people we want the best room with the best view!!
Our Coco Reef Wedding 01 Oct 2007
Laura Stanyer from UK
Coco Reef was paradise we were married in July on the beach with a simple ceremony and it was amazing, the whole resort was beautiful, we have been recommending it to everyone.
We were very moved by the little touches like the bedspread being covered with colourful flower petals and palm leaf segments used to spell out a welcoming message beautifully created by the room maid. A special thank you to Kevah and Kename the social directors for going out of their way to make sure the holiday & wedding went off perfectly. We are looking forward to our next holiday in Tobago.
To see our video go to: