Silk Cotton House - Summary Description
4-bedroom Holiday Villa. Reader Satisfaction Rating
Silk Cotton House is an elegant caribbean-colonial style house with wrap-around verandas located just a 10-minute walk from Englishman's Bay beach. The property offers spectacular views of the bay and the rainforest.
Click on the tabs at the top and bottom of this listing to access the following information pages about Silk Cotton House:
- Features: location information, room/rental rates, contact details, features and facilities
- Review: a detailed myTobago review of the property (click any photo to enlarge)
- Reports: real-world reports of the property written by guests who have stayed there
- Add Report: if you have stayed at this property, please share your experiences, good or bad
- Email: send an email directly to the property via our reader enquiry service (not via myTobago)
Website extracts and/or information supplied by Silk Cotton House
Welcome to the gracious Silk Cotton House, located on a hilltop amidst lush plants above the sea on the north coast of Tobago.
This home was built in 2000, designed with the grace and charm of an old plantation house. It is set within a 400 acre nature preserve overlooking pristine Englishman's Bay, considered one of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean.
There are 4 bedrooms, with balconies, 3 and 1/2 baths, washer/dryer, modern kitchen with dishwasher, hardwood floors, louvered French doors and a craftsman's attention to quality details throughout. From the deep veranda which surrounds the entire house are views of the tropical fruit orchard, the rainforest and the blue Caribbean.
We will gladly recommend guides who can arrange excursions around the island with transport. In a week's time you could see many sights on this wonderful island. Some of the more memorable visits might be:
- Boating to Charlotteville
- Car and boat to St. Giles Island, with a guided tour of this protected bird refuge.
- A hike through the rainforest.
- Visits to local waterfalls.
- Snorkelling and/or diving.
- A visit to a mangrove swamp.
From the house it is a short drive or hike to Englishman's Bay, one of the more lovely bays in the world for a day's swimming and world-class snorkelling. Food and crafts are available at the beach at Eula's Café.
There are plenty of things to do at Englishman's Bay, especially for nature enthusiasts. You can hike to waterfalls, spot plentiful birdlife, or snorkel in the bay. Tours of the island can be arranged. Listen to steelbands in nearby (1.5 miles) Castara. Further afield (45 minute drive) you can visit nightclubs and fine restaurants.
Our wrap around veranda provides views of Englishman's Bay and the rainforested mountains.
A few minutes drive takes you to the beach.
Pick fresh fruit from your private orchard and herbs from the kitchen garden.