Sunset Reef Villa - Reader Reports & Opinion
These reports are a combination of questions and comment posted in our Sunset Reef Villa forum and visitor reports added via the 'Add Report' tab above. The votes awarded are weighted by volume and date to give a truer representation of reader satisfaction [more details].
Reader Satisfaction Ranking: Weighted ranking based on 12 votes = 3.5 (max 5)
Val Jackson from U.K. visited in September 2016 and awarded
We stayed at Sunset Reef Villa for 7 nights and really had a great time with fond memories to remember. The villa location being just 100 metres from the beach with spectacular sea views, was very special for us. The villa is very well maintained and the swimming pool was fabulous. Katy Ann dealt with the day to dates for us and Gus for our meet and greet, again, very special.
We will be booking again next year but this time for two weeks.
Sanjay from Trinidad visited in April 2016 and awarded
I am a member of a group of 9 people who vacationed in Tobago Island and we were lodging at the Sunset Reef Villa, in April 2016 (4 nights). I must say that the view from the villa was spectacular, very good location. However, we encountered a few problems that we did not bargain for that made our stay a bit unpleasant.
1) When we arrived at the Villa, the air condition unit in one of the bedrooms was not functioning. We therefore called Gus to get someone to fix the problem which was done on the same day, however we were told to keep the unit on constantly or it may not be able to turn on again once it was turned off. In addition, we were advised not to adjust the temperature.
2) There was no electricity running to the gazebo i.e. no lights or electrical power in the outlets for the entire duration of our stay.
We contacted Gus around 6.30 pm on Friday 29 April, 2016 and we were told that someone would come on Saturday to fix this problem but no-one showed up until around 7pm on Sunday May 1st, 2016.
Unfortunately for us the problem could not be fixed at that time. This was a major issue since my uncle, who flew in from Canada had plans to celebrate his 50th birthday which was supposed to be held in your beautiful gazebo but could not because it was in darkness. It goes without saying we were all very disappointed since we had planned his entire birthday celebration in the gazebo after we saw the pictures on the internet.
3) The electrical breaker kept tripping off several times during our stay so we had to call on Gus again who alerted us to the breaker switch boxes which we had to keep resetting (which is not advisable unless the problem has been identified). The breaker boxes themselves were unusually hot when we opened them to reset the breakers. After a while we realized that we could not use the Dryer and the Washing Machine at the same time without losing power in the entire house.
4) We noticed a small light/spark in the lawn near the steps by the gazebo leading down to the gate on Sunday night. When the electrician arrived, he identified the light/spark as a live wire which may have been exposed due to the landscapers cutting the lawn. Now this, as you can imagine, was extremely dangerous to us and to your property as rain fell on Sunday night which caused the exposed wire to spark which could have led to a fire or worse.
5) On Monday 2nd May, while preparing breakfast the gas for the stove ran out and there was no backup gas for the stove.
Some smaller issues which occurred at your property included: No internet connection as was promised (a Wi-Fi network was available but there was no internet connection on the network). One of your water tanks sprung a leak during our stay and the leak became increasingly larger until it reached onto the roadway below and flowed to the other side of the carriageway.
Ruth R from Trinidad visited in July 2015 and awarded
My Trinidadian family of 6, together with a UK family of 5, spent a lovely 3 nights at Sunset Reef Villa in July 2015. The property was ideally suited to us (4 adults and 7 children ranging from 3 to 15 years old). It was well maintained, well appointed and within easy walking distance of Grafton beach. The pool, though small, was greatly enjoyed by the kids. And the villa certainly lived up to its name with glorious Caribbean sunsets. We were fortunate enough to be there during a meteorite shower and that was simply bonus!
It was a pleasure dealing with the owner and his maintenance support staff were extremely helpful and accommodating. The villa was clean and we had no problems. We felt safe and secure.
We would definitely visit again.
Mookash Singh from U.S.A. visited in June 2014 and awarded
I rented this property May 3rd 2014 for June 30-July 3rd. When I got there Gus was not at the airport to meet me as promised by the Owner Clive. It took us 3 hrs to locate the place becuase there was no sign. When we got there it was locked. I had to go to the neighbor to call Kathy Ann the care taker of the building. When she arrived the pool was filthy and the house was poorly cleaned. We (12 of us) ended up booking at Grafton Beach Resort. The Owner, Clive, refuse to refund me mmy $1050 US dollars to this date. I can email you the entire back and forth emails if you send me an email. This was the most horrible vacation my family and I have ever had and yet the owner refuse to reimburse us our money.
Sheri & Adrian Mohammed from Canada visited in March 2013 and awarded
My family and I had a wonderful time in Tobago and the villa was much more than we expected, beautiful allover, and waking up purposely @ 5:30am just to see the sunrise over the beach view was absolutely breath-taking, I would recommend this villa to anyone to go down and enjoy the Tobago stay...love it love it love it!!!!!