LIQUID SUNSHINE

Weather reports, questions and comment.
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru
Great Britain

Re: LIQUID SUNSHINE

Post by Paul Tallet » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:46 pm

WEATHER … FROM TOBAGO … 6TH JANUARY 2019

As expected, it has been quite dry with just one period of rain a couple of nights ago. There have also been sone light showers and some days have been quite cloudy.

But the Saharan Air is limiting rainfall ... I thought last year was good but this year has been better although Tobago should be having more rain than this ... from day to day there has been little rain of significance.

There is some rainfall activity over the mainland of South America and a plume of this moved north but only affected Grenada. Otherwise, the whole Caribbean is dry.

So the only rain risk is from South America, otherwise it should stay dry with some light showers and sunshine when the clouds part.

The sea state is calm and is expected to get calmer over this week ... this is a good time to be in Tobago or anywhere in the Caribbean.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature

Paul Tallet
Weather Guru
Great Britain

Re: LIQUID SUNSHINE

Post by Paul Tallet » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:54 pm

WEATHER … 15TH JANUARY 2019

I am sorry that I did not post on Sunday as I usually do … I decided to make a last minute trip to my favourite place on the Saturday and this mean't that Sunday was a '100% packing and loads of stress' day before the horrid flight home … no disrespect to Thomas Cook who were fantastic but flights home are pretty awful through no fault of Thomas Cook … oh and we did the Barbados thing but it was ok (we prepared for it).

Over the 4 weeks I was in Tobago it was generally sizzling sunshine. I thought last year was good but this year was incredible and, perhaps, defines what they call the 'dry season'.

There was rain but not much of it … perhaps last Friday was the rainiest but it was showers.

Ther situation has not changed with a dense saharan dust layer which will restrict rainfall and this applies, not just to Tobago, to most of the Caribbean.

When I arrived, Tobago was green and lush but when I left it started to look a little brown and dry.

Enjoy it but be careful of the sun, even I got a little burnt this year and that is probably the first time since I was a child.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature

Return to “Weather”