Paul Tobago Trip

Weather reports, questions and comment.
Phil Bondie
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Paul Tobago Trip

Post by Phil Bondie »

Hi Paul, I see you are going to be in Tobago on the 23rd. How long will you be there? I will be arriving on the 29th. Judi comes down on the 17th of Jan. Lets get together maybe Kings Bay cafe. Call me 310-9411 when I get in. Hope we have nice weather. Phil
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Re: Paul Tobago Trip

Post by Paul Tallet »

Will do Phil.

KBC was closed for a few weeks when I last went in June so I will be looking forward to that.

Also look forward to seeing you ... will be in touch when you get there.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

Count me in gents!

Hugh 8)
Phil Bondie
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Phil Bondie »

Hugh, when are you going to be in Tobago? Have you met Paul? If you have or have not lets for sure get together. Paul, sounds good it will be great seeing you again. Are you going to be by your self? Phil
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

Hey Phil,

I arrive January 8th and hope to hook up with you guys. Paul and I have not met face to face but have talked via this forum for years.

Hugh 8)
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

My nurse will be with me as usual Phil :mrgreen:

Will be nice to meet Hugh as well and maybe we should invite the 'professor' to join us again at the KBC.

You up for it Chris?

Regards
Paul Tallet
Carol G
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Carol G »

Hi All,
Can ladies come too...? Would love to put some faces to names on my computer. Hugh, if you need a ride Jim & I could pick you up...cell phone numbers the same.
Cheers,
Carol G
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

Morning Carol,

Thanks, but I will have a car. And I'll watch this space to see what Paul and Phil have to say.

Hugh 8)
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Hmmm ... may have to charge an entry fee at this rate :mrgreen:

Course your all welcome Carol ... we all need to fix a date sometime after 8th January when Hugh sails in and before 13th January when I sail out. ... . Hmmm ... or we could do a practice run earlier?

I have not got the number of the KBC but may be someone can book a date, they can prepare, and then we will all go.

Should be fun :D

Regards
Paul Tallet
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

You guys get it all warmed up for the rest of us. \:D/
Carol G
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Carol G »

Hi All,
Thanks for the ok, Paul. Practice run, a possibility....we could even take in the new venue (bar) at Kings Bay Beach before or afterwards. Now just need Phil's ok.
We are considering going to King Bay Beach Christmas day..if so will see if can catch anyone around at the cafe for a phone number.
You gentlemen, pick a date and time and I will try to make arrangements
Cheers, Carol
Phil Bondie
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Phil Bondie »

Carol, For you and Paul the number for Kings Bay Cafe is 771-2716. If you are planning on stopping there you should really call ahead and make sure they are open. I usually eat there a couple of times a week so may see you before we all get together. Whats this about a new bar at the beach? Phil
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Hmmm ... Christmas Day, a bar, a beach, ladies ... sounds good to me.

I better check with my host that there are no plans for Christmas Day, if not I will be there with my nurse.

Phone number noted Phil. I will definitely be calling there a couple of times ... I know they close Tues/Weds so may bump into you.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Carol G
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Carol G »

HI All,
Phil, thanks for phone number....I finally had the brain wave (doh) after I posted that Steve probably provided their number on the website. Phil as you eat there on a regular basis...not very close for us. What are the names of the owners, met them a long time ago; would be nice when I either call or we drop in to be able to be a little more personal.
And yes, there is now a bar at the beach facility. According to the lady serving only open a short while. It would be nice if it stayed in business, but who knows. The one at Ft Gamby, near us, goes in and out of business on a regular basis. When we were there a couple of weeks ago, 6 lifeguards playing cards, ourselves, a couple that was getting ready to leave and two guys hanging out at the bar. Our purchase of two beers are hardly going to keep them in business, we did wish them the best. Apparently they may in the future have music nights and food.
Cheers, Carol
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Hi everyone

Are we still on for lunch at KBC ... I have the 10th January (Friday) in mind.

I am passing there today so will call in and see how they are fixed.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

I'm still planning to attend.

Hugh 8)
Carol G
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Carol G »

Hi All,
Our internet back up to a little faster than snail mail. Friday sounds good. Hugh are you going to get out of the US...weather not bad in SanFran? Weather a mess in Canada and not much better for family in the US.

Will try to check in closer to date to see if things are happening....what time is planned? Need to coordinate with a few other errands on Friday.

Paul, Is it raining a lot in Castara? wet, wet here.
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

Leaving now, through Miami, fingers crossed . . .
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Unless Phil beats me to it I will contact KBC tomorrow without exact numbers but to warn him that quite a few could be visiting lunchtime on Friday.

I'd say lunchtime starts about 12. I will try to be there then ... bring booze if you need it, the KBC doesn't sell booze.

Carol, it is fine here in Castara, the showers have been pepped up by a depression over Venezuela so there is some rain ... worse in Trinidad.

Hope to see everyone Friday.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Phil Bondie
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Phil Bondie »

Finally got to the internet. I talked to Mike at KBC today (Tuesday) and told him to expect some of us on Friday. He would like an estimate of the number of people and about the time. They have been busy so we need to make reservations. If there are enough of us he may close just for our party. He opens at 12 but we should make it 12:30 or later to give him a chance to prepare. Fish has been hard to get here in Charlottesville and he wants to be sure and have enough on hand. He is closed on Wed. and Thur. If you all want to call me 310-9411 I can keep him updated. I know at least 3, myself, Paul and friend. I will talk to him tomorrow and get the earliest we should come. It will be great to see everyone. Phil

Return to “Weather”