How's the sunshine?

Weather reports, questions and comment.
Marc Jones

How's the sunshine?

Post by Marc Jones »

Week to go, online weather reports doing my nut in.

"cloudy"? "Thunderstorms"?

Really that unseasonal? I'm starting to fear clouds and no sun, happy to be called a fool and told to calm down ;-)
Wanda

Post by Wanda »

Hi Marc
Don't know what weather reports you are reading but log onto AccuWeather.com and you will find that weather after 16 May is sunny, hot with clouds. That is ok, really, we had that exact same forecast in March (yes i too am a compulsive weather watcher!!) and we had great weather.
Tobago is a small island so the weather passes over pretty quickly - good and bad.
My advice........give up watching the weather forecasts, pack lots of sunscreen and be happy that very soon you will be in one of the most beautiful places on earth, rain or shine.
Have a great holiday.
Wanda
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Marc

Relax! There's nothing you can do about it and worrying won't change the weather. If you fret about it, you'll get there and be so stressed out that you'll have difficulty adapting to the laid back (SLOW) pace of life on Tobago.

Nobody can predict the weather. If you check out our [http://www.myTobago.info/weather.htm]Weather[/url] page you will find direct links to the Tobago weather pages of a couple major weather services. You will see that even THEY can't agree exactly.

The truth is that most of the rain falls at night. A cloudy sky does not necessarily mean that it is grey and overcast - only that there is some level of cloud cover in skys that are normal cloud free. That doesn't mean that there won't be plenty of sunshine.

Like I say, mate - relax. What will be, will be. You'll have a great time one way or the other.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Marc Jones

Post by Marc Jones »

Ommm.

*sits in lotus position and accepts rain as nature doing it's thing*

Thanks.

8)
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Marc,Chill out man,the forecast is far to general to be concerned with--just be ready to enjoy!
Happy times, David :D
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

Hi Marc,

Don't forget you can still get UV rays through the clouds. With this in mind......be very grateful for some of the clouds as they will protect you from too much sun. Unless you fancy looking like a lobster! the UV index at a max of 10 is super hot. The clouds and brief showers are a respite from the heat......believe me!!

Hope to catch up with you while you're there! Where are you staying? We should all get together for drinks.....what do you think?

Cheers!
Bryn
Rachel Crew
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Rachel Crew »

Just come prepared for anything, and most of all to enjoy yourself :D

And remember that the rain here is always warmer than in England!

Rachel & Marlon
'Cocomotion'
Marc Jones

Post by Marc Jones »

I have had a great football season, the club I helped form and whom I work for (unpaid in the main!) just finished the season unbeaten and won both their league and cup double.

I timed my holiday perfectly (a week after the season ended).

I can't believe I'm going to Tobago, and boy oh boy am I ready to chill!
Debbie G

Post by Debbie G »

I am really pleased to see that I am not the only nutter who watches the weather forecast - I having been logging on religiously for about a week and was getting a little bit worried! I have just logged on for the very same reason you did - to find out if anyone had just come back and could tell me that I was worrying unnecessarily and that we would have brilliant sunshine - looks like we got our answer. We are off to Tobago next Thursday - yes, I am counting the days, hours and minutes........... Have a good holiday - sounds hard not to from all the info on this wonderful website. Enjoy!
Dave Guest

Post by Dave Guest »

Don't worry Debbie. The weather forecasts while we were there were for thunderstorms and clouds but it was hot and sunny for every one of the 10 days. We had a couple of minor showers one day and one heavy downpour at about 5am but apart from that it was hot hot hot. The sky was cloudy but they're small and scattered and give a couple of minutes relief from the sun.
Roy & Petra

rain and sunshine

Post by Roy & Petra »

Hi, we'e just settled on mytobago and try to catch up 1,5 year of stories and comments about Tobago. We want to get married in Tobago next year in may and I'm checking out the wether in this month. I see there will always be sunshine one part of the day, so hopefully, we 're lucky enough to get a sunny day. Well, I have a lot of reading to do on the wedding pages...
Aisha Bowles

Re: How's the sunshine?

Post by Aisha Bowles »

Marc Jones wrote:Week to go, online weather reports doing my nut in.

"cloudy"? "Thunderstorms"?

Really that unseasonal? I'm starting to fear clouds and no sun, happy to be called a fool and told to calm down ;-)
hi may mate is going to tobago in september, what you reckon the weather will be like then i hope not too much rain.... :?:
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Oh dear! The RAIN PHOBIA has raised it's ugly head again!!!Don't worry about it,it is not like UK rain even if it does pour down.1)it more often than not rains at night ,2)if it does rain during the day it is a short sharp deluge,3)it is warm,4)it will be bone dry in ten minutes(including your clothing).Just go to Tobago and love it!!!
Lax 'n' enjoy,David(128 days to return) :D :D :D

Return to “Weather”