Sun & Showers

Weather reports, questions and comment.
Simon Partridge
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Sun & Showers

Post by Simon Partridge »

Paul I can confirm you are correct, as always. We arrived Monday and have seen great amounts of sunshine interspersed with a few showers one very heavy on Tuesday late morning with thunder and lightening. Everywhere is wonderfully green and lush in preparation for the dry season.
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Re: Sun & Showers

Post by Paul Tallet »

Hello Simon and thanks for the feedback.

As I type this at 19.30 Tobago time, you should be getting plenty of rain.

But the worst of it is elsewhere to the north over Grenada and the Grenadines ... if you look to the North/North West you may be able to see lightening.

Another even stronger Storm is to the east a few hundred miles away and possibly visible from the Flagstaff Hill near Charlottesville (I don't expect you to be rushing over there to check it out!).

These 2 areas of rainfall look like Supercell thunderstorms to me with the closest one saturating Grenada ... let me know if you see anything flashy to the North/North West.

It can be quite spectacular ... I watched spectacular lightening at 4am Christmas Day 2014 that was over Grenada that brought fatalities and infra-structure damage to Grenada ... I just hope that these random Storms don't get too close, they are very dangerous and remind me of the terrible Storm of November 2004 that brought fatalities and massive landslides to Tobago, evidence of which can still be seen today in the Delaford area.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature

Return to “Weather”