Wetter than usual ?

Weather reports, questions and comment.
Gill O
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Wetter than usual ?

Post by Gill O »

Hi all, (particularly Paul)
It appears from the liquid sunshine posts that this has been a wetter than usual "dry season". Is that correct ?
We are heading to Tobago in 10 days , and I'm hoping we will see plenty of green, rather than dry hillsides and burnt out areas.
Anyone there at the moment who could pass comment ?
Can't wait to get there again :D

Gill
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Re: Wetter than usual ?

Post by Chris Runciman »

It has been raining a lot at night and the landscape is very green. The red flowers of the Immortelle tree ( Erythrina Poeppigianna )have been out for a couple of weeks. They traditionally herald the start of the dry season but this year I think they have been rather premature!
Gill O
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Gill O »

How lovely. The first year we went it was really green, but since then it has usually been "burnt to a crisp "
I love seeing the Immortelle trees in bloom.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Gill

I'm here at the moment and I can confirm that the island has been fully prepared for you and is nice and green - at least, the Crown Point - Scarborough - Plymouth triangle is. Haven't been further up country yet, but we head up to Castara tomorrow, but have no doubt it will be even greener up there.

We've been here two weeks. Our first week, in Carnbee, saw nothing but glorious weather with calm seas. It couldn't have been nicer. As Chris says, there was a lot of rain during the night but nothing that disturbed us.

Then, at the start of last week (coinciding with Carnival) it started to get cloudier with more showers creeping in and a distinct roughening of the seas. We moved to Bacolet last Wednesday and whilst the Atlantic Sea here was pretty rough, we had lots of sunshine. The seas start to calm down yesterday, but heavy cloud cover and several heavy showers made it feel more like English weather. This morning couldn't have been greyer. It's 8:30am now and the skies are lifting with patches of blue, but the weather changes so quickly that its anybody's guess what today will be like.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Carol G
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Carol G »

Hi All,
We have been here since end of Jan (finally have reliable internet) and it seems to be raining a lot more than usual. We had talked about how often it rained for Carnival...best we can remember not often and then it poured all day Carnival Tues. We're not sure it is just that Studley Park is getting lots of rain ?? Friends in Bethel & Black Rock getting nothing on days when it's been pouring here. Hope today will not be a repeat of yesterday...rain, rain or very overcast, lots of wind and cool.
Cheers, Carol
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Ronald »

Hi all,

I believe the current weather situation in North- Central- South America, the Caribbean Islands and Europe are all affected by the big El Nino we had (or was it La Nina?) which was much stronger than normally. The weather here in Sweden has for sure not been normally and I believe mostly countries and Islands can say so.

As T&T are very small islands, and are very close to South America and Venezuela, than things like strange weather happens. Sunny in some areas, rain in some areas, the weather men has problems!
But you do at least have some kind of weather, and it´s not cold, and you doesn´t have the fight with the terrorist problem we have in Europe, this weekend we in Stockholm got a bad hit.

I will most likely come down this summer, so never mind what weather it will be, I´ll survival!

Return to “Weather”