Weather & Excursions

Weather reports, questions and comment.
Karen, Dartford

Weather & Excursions

Post by Karen, Dartford » Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:11 pm

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 11 January 2003

Firstly, I would just like to congratulate you on a great website. It has been very informative. I shall be staying at Coco Reef all inclusive for a week in March to celebrate my 40th!!!!! Birthday. Do you know what the weather is really like at that time of year. Is it still quite busy? Also, if anyone could tell me of any great excursions that are worth going on?

Thanks. Karen

Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
Great Britain

Post by Steve Wooler » Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:12 pm

Hi Karen

Thanks for you kind words. Funnily enough, I passed right through Dartford just an hour or so ago (assuming we are talking about Dartford, Kent, England – you just never know on the Internet).

To see ACTUAL weather conditions, go to the main myTobago site and click on the Weather page (http://www.myTobago.info/weather.php). This has a link to a real-time weather service with a five-day forecast. This mornings weather at Crown Point is “mostly sunny and humid. High 31°C / RealFeel 35. Max UV 8”. The forecast for the next week varies between sunny and humid and sunny and sticky with highs of 31° throughout. January and February are the nicest months of the year, weather-wise. Again, our Weather page will give you more information.

Because of the brilliant weather there and the naff weather here, the first quarter is the busiest time of the year. However, it’s all relative. ‘Busy’ on Tobago is like Bournemouth in mid-January.

If this is your first visit, you absolutely must do a full island tour. Given their constant help to visitors in this forum and the feedback I receive, I must recommend Yes Tourism. They are based just a 5 minutes walk from the Coco Reef (not that their location matters, because they’ll collect you). Have a look at the tours on their website (http://www.yes-tourism.com/tours.htm)

Have a great trip and Happy Birthday!
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Karen, Dartford

Post by Karen, Dartford » Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:13 pm

Thank you for your advice, I will try yes tourism website after this. Yes, I do live in Dartford, Kent. You could have called in! Were you on your way to Bluewater by any chance. Look forward to your updates on the website after you return from your hols.

Kind regards.
Karen

Tobago Love

Post by Tobago Love » Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:13 pm

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 14 January 2003

Hi Karen, Carnival is on the 3rd and 4th of March so many Trini's go over to the sister Island for the long weekend; also Tobago has their Carnival at that time too. Other than that March is a relatively quiet month with great weather..LOTS of sunshine!!

Karen, Dartford

Post by Karen, Dartford » Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:14 pm

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 18 January 2003

Thank You Tobago Love. I am actually flying out on Sat 08 March, so will have missed the carnival. Glad to hear there will be plenty of sunshine, just can't wait to go now.

Return to “Weather”