Weather in December

Weather reports, questions and comment.
Lucy

Weather in December

Post by Lucy »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 26 June 2002

I am currently trying to plan my honeymoon in December and seem quite taken with Tobago (especially after viewing your website) but I am slightly concerned about the level of rainfall in this month. Do you think these are valid worries which would spoil the trip? I would be very grateful for some advice.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 28 May 2002

Hello Lucy The rainfall figures can be a little deceptive. When it rains in tropical climes, it REALLY rains, so tends to be short and sharp. Given the geographic nature of Tobago, most of the rain seems to fall after dark - so you wake up with all the greenery refreshed and smelling sweet. With the weather the way it is everywhere nowadays, you must accept some degree of risk all year round, wherever you go. You will have the same problems in December in any tropical climate - but the nearer you get to the equator, the more consistent the weather in general. Tobago being the most southerly of the Caribbean islands (bar Trinidad), is as near the equator as you'll get. Have a great time and let us know how you get on.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Weather”