what will the weather be like???

Weather reports, questions and comment.
Mandy

what will the weather be like???

Post by Mandy » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:09 pm

I read the liquid sunshine every saturday and am more interested this week as were flying on Thursday for 2 weeks.

Early prediction please anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gorden

5 Day Forecast

Post by Gorden » Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:52 pm

Paul Tallet
Weather Guru
Great Britain

Post by Paul Tallet » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:07 pm

Hi Mandy

I will be updating before Tuesday as some weather is expected around that time.

It is difficult to give you a reliable prediction before then and, anyway, I guess you are going for a couple of weeks and it is even more difficult to predict that.

Nice to see the BBC are doing the weather for Crown Point again, Gordon ... it stopped for a while.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature

Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
Great Britain

Post by Steve Wooler » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:15 pm

Hi Paul

I don't know whether there's any connection, but some parts of the weather data observation equipment at Crown Point have been playing up since last August's hurricane brush. The weather feed shown in the left sidebar of all our main pages comes directly from the Crown Point observation station (via the American National Weather Service). They've obviously had real problems with some of the kit, becuase it invariably breaks down at weekends. However, it seems to have stabilised over recent weeks, so maybe the BBC have decided that its now reliable enough to add it back on the system.

Just a thought.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Paul Tallet
Weather Guru
Great Britain

Post by Paul Tallet » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:31 pm

That's interesting Steve, I had not realised that.

Is this weather data? (i.e.; supplying records of weather readings) or forcasting?

... the forcasting bit by the BBC, I have thought was independent and supplied by the UK Met who of course supply their own forecasts on weather around the world. You can even check out weather maps on the BBC website although they are a little vague.

Having said that, the 5 day forecasts by Yahoo etc etc all look remarkably similar and that certainly indicates that it comes from one source !!

Could have a point there.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature

Steve Wooler
Great Britain

Post by Steve Wooler » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:36 pm

The data shown in the left Weather sidebar of every page is ACTUAL live data readings from Crown Point. They're updated here once an hour. In fact you can see the time of the data where it says "at 12:00 am Tobago time), remembering of course that we are 5 hours ahead. So as I type this, the data is about 38 minutes old. So the temperatures, humidity and wind are very current accurate figures.

The 5-day forecasts given on the Weather page are again provided by the AWS, but you'll know more about how they are calculated.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Weather”