Best two weeks to go in May or June '07?

Weather reports, questions and comment.
Caragh M

Best two weeks to go in May or June '07?

Post by Caragh M »

:?:

Hi. We are planning a trip, hoping to stay at Rex Turtle Beach and are available to go any time in May or June. From what I have read May is still considered to be in the dry season with lower expected rainfall than June, which is in the wet. I would like some advice on when people think the best time to visit would be during these two months. I.e would May be much less rainy than June? Also if this is the case, would early May be any better than late May? Have visited the Carribean before and know that weather can be unpredictable and sometimes stormy and have no problem with this, but would like some overall guidance on when will be the warmest and most sunny time to visit during May or June.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Caragh

Welcome aboard! :lol:

To be honest, you might as well toss a coin as try to predict the weather. Either way I doubt whether it is going to make a major difference. Perhaps our weather guru, Paul Tallet, might see your post and have some words of wisdom, but otherwise I wouldn't give the dates much consideration. The temperature will hardly be different, whatever the rainfall.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Hi Caragh

It is impossible to pick a good or bad week of weather in May or June.

They are at the back end of the dry season but with Tobago there can be exceptionally wet dry seasons (Jan/Feb 2005) and very dry wet seasons (2006) ... or it could be similar all year round.

When speaking to Tobagonians who live there all year round the general consensus I have received is that June and July are generally the calmest months of the year.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Caragh M

Ta.

Post by Caragh M »

:)

Hi

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure that the dates would make that much difference, its just that some brochures have the average rainfall for June a lot higher than May so I thought maybe June was usually pretty wet. I have also read posts on here indicating that June has had good weather in the past so I was a bit unsure.

Cheers for the advice. We will just book for whenever we fancy and not worry about the chances of rain!!!

Thanks

Return to “Weather”