Tobago in July

Weather reports, questions and comment.
KYTraveler

tobago in July?

Post by KYTraveler » Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:00 am

Hi:

Would July be a good time to travel to Tobago? Is it likely to rain every day? We love to snorkel., but my wife hates riding in small boats. Is there good snorkeling without taking a boat ride? Our only other trip to the Carib. area was a vacation in Belize, this time last year. It was the best vacation we ever had, combining jungle hiking with with snorkeling. We's like a similiar experience in Tobago, if its possible. thanks.

Roel le Pair
Tobago Business
Tobago Business
Netherlands

tobago in July?

Post by Roel le Pair » Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:39 am

Hi,
The weather
Tobago in July is great, your "experience" of the weather throughout the year is more constant than is suggested by the terms "wet" or "rainy" season. During the rainy season, there are hours of sunshine during most days. Rain falls more during the night than the day and generally falls in short sharp bursts. I myself visited Tobago 4 times, in August, in October, twice in May and my experience is that I had wonderful weather every visit with slight differences, in some respects the rainy season has its advantages, (lush green nature, waterfalls . .)

On snorkeling:
There are enough spots on (child-friendly) beaches where you just walk in the sea, to enjoy snorkeling within one minute.

On jungle hiking:
The protected rainforest of Tobago is famous. Lots of possibilities to explore it.

Have a great time on Tobago, you have a choice of 12 months regarding the weather !

Kind regards,

Roel (last visited Tobago May/June 2003)
Roel le Pair
Sherwood Park Apartments
www.sherwood-park.com

My photos: http://gallery.mac.com/roellepair

KYTraveler

thanks for the information

Post by KYTraveler » Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:01 am

Hi Roel;

Thanks for the prompt reply to my questions :-D)

KYtraveler

Return to “Weather”