storms!!!!

Weather reports, questions and comment.
Nora

storms!!!!

Post by Nora »

:x Well ive been waiting just over a year for this break and now i am just 6 days away from a lovely 2 week break in tobago. Ive done all the research visited this sight over 100 times and thought I was prepared for everything. NO!!!! THUNDERSTORMS . Ive just logged into the underground weather sight and thunderstorms are predicted for AT LEAST the next 7 days = is this really true??? Can someone resident in tobago please help and do I really have to pack my umbrella????
Patrick Dankou
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Storms

Post by Patrick Dankou »

Hi Nora,
don't worry too much. The local daily weather forecast is already not very accurate most of the time, I wouldn't rely on a 'foreign' weather sight.Thunderstorms for the next 7 days is definitely not very likely.
When they say thunderstorms they usually mean short heavy showers. What they don't tell you is that it may rain a lot for 15 minutes and an hour later you wouldn't even know that it was raining because the sun is out and the roads have dried up again . You might also have heavy showers in Charlotteville and clear skies at Pigeon Point. In other words this time of the year the weather changes within minutes, today we had several heavy short showers but at the same time enough sunshine to get a solid tan. Forget about the umbrella but bring your sunblock and enjoy the occasional refreshing shower.
P.S.: I've just checked caribwx.com and can't see anything unusual on the sattelite image.
Patrick Dankou
Yes Tourism - http://www.Yes-Tourism.com
Nora

Post by Nora »

:D Thankyou Patrick, i'm much calmer now. Im not the tanning type so I dont worry too much about sunshine it was the storm bit that panicked me! I really cannot wait for my holiday- come rain or shine I know its going to be great!!!!! Best wishes Nora :P

Return to “Weather”