Right about now Im very jealous

Weather reports, questions and comment.
Richardus
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Right about now Im very jealous

Post by Richardus »

Looking outside our window here in Meaford Ontario, it snowed heavy all night with high winds, the temperature is around -20C without the wind chill. It's a Sunday Morning and noplace to go so I'm spending the day reading reviews and immersing myself in the land of Tobago by Internet. I see it is currently 31C there now and I am extremely jealous!

130 days to go!!!! Then I'm on my way there!!!!
Dardo

Re: Right about now Im very jealous

Post by Dardo »

Also awaiting our departure for Tobago (Castara) from very frigid Eastern Ontario. So is anyone there now? Is it rainy or sunny most of the time? Last time we were there, two years ago, the weather was much rianier than usual, the sand had been swept away by incredibly strong surf -- unusual for Castara -- and the beach was closed to swimming for much of the two weeks we were there! again, unusual for Castara. Normally sunny and hot except for brief showers from time to time. And the swimming is idyllic.
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Ronald »

Hi
The temp is always around 31C during dytome, goes down to 22-25C in the night depending on where you saty and if it's raining or not. There's rain quiet often but mostly showers in the nigh or early morning. The amount of showers vary much depending where you are in Tobago and the rain doesn't cover the whole Tobago.

Indeed much better compared with snow and cold weather, even during rainy days!
Ronald
Andy K
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Andy K »

Strong north-westerly trade winds are common during the dry season and occasionally
lead to rough sea conditions even at beaches and you may experience restrictions where
beaches are exposed to ground swells and rip currents.
Exercise caution especially where there are no life guards on duty to give advice.

There should be no significant rainfall between February and May, except for some isolated showers.
Richardus
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Richardus »

I have been reading that although June is the beginning of the "rainy" season, the surf is calmer, so I'm hoping there will not be any "closed" beaches for swimming whilst there. I also hope to do some serious snorkelling and again hope for calm sea conditions. If it only rains for a few hours a day that will be more than worthwhile as I have spent many camping trips in my own country with day after day of endless deluge enough to force us to drive home. Hopefully this will not be the case in Tobago.

We are going in June also because the entire trip is approximately half what it would cost to go this time of year!
According to multiple quotes from expedia and other sources.

Another benefit to going in June is far less chance of any flight delays due to the mild weather in Canada, and because of the slow season we hope for smoother transition through customs.

Living in Midwestern Ontario for our entire lives, most foreigners assume we live in igloos, but the truth is, we are just as used to hot (30+), humid (85+) temperatures and mosquitoes (swarms) as Tobago can possibly throw at us as we are used to temperatures well below freezing for months at a time. I'm sure we can take whatever we run into and still have an enjoyable time.

Return to “Weather”