Guest Report

Friendly and hospitable studio apartment at Castara (listing)
Liz Kruthoffer

Guest Report

Post by Liz Kruthoffer »

I stayed here for the first week of my 5 week stay in Trinidad and Tobago. It was a perfect place to unwind. I was travelling alone and having the family upstairs made me feel part of the place rather than an outsider. Porridge, Jeanelle and their two grown up children are friendly but never intrusive. They are lovely people.

The studio is the best equipped self catering place I have ever stayed in, anywhere and if it isn't there Jeanette can produce it. I like to make my own bread and made some on a baking sheet. Next day two proper bread tins appeared! There was even a lemon squeezer, the only self catering place I have ever seen one in T&T.

I loved sitting on the veranda and watching the birds, and the variety is wonderful. The beautiful Mot Mots were my favourite. I didn't see parrots come to the garden but two noisy ones flew by everyday. There were brown squirrels, lizards, and once an Agouti across the road.

Porridge and Jeanette are a great source of information about what to do and see and can organise trips for you.
I wish I had stayed longer and will definitely go back.

It was my first time staying in Castara, lovely place, little bay is great, hilly, a car is useful.

Return to “Porridge's Place”