Guest Report

Friendly and hospitable studio apartment at Castara (listing)
Jo B.

Guest Report

Post by Jo B. »

I stayed at Porridge's for a total of 5 nights in September 2008. I had visited Castara before but as part of a couple when we had rented in the village. This time, travelling alone, I decided to stay somewhere closer to a family. We had met Porridge on our previous visits, so I thought of his apartment immediately, and I certainly made the right decision.

The apartment is perfect for a single person or a couple. It is clean and well-equipped with modern appliances and good quality bedding. There are nice little touches such as being welcomed with freshly baked bread, jam, etc, ready for breakfast, and a couple of cold Caribs in the fridge. Jeanell and Porridge are lovely hosts, welcoming you into the family but also allowing you as much privacy as you want. Having stayed close to Little Bay before, the disadvantage of the walk up and down the hill was balanced by the extra peace and quiet on the outskirts of the village. I loved sitting on the covered terrace, watching the birds in the feeders, the chickens in the garden and the herd of goats across the road. A great place to sit, read and relax.

All in all great value simple accommodation with lovely hosts that make an effort to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.

Highly recommended!

Jo x

Return to “Porridge's Place”