Guest Report

Friendly and hospitable studio apartment at Castara (listing)
Tom Kilburn

Guest Report

Post by Tom Kilburn »

What can i say about poridges place.... its a place where you can really discover the real Tobago.
I have stayed there a few times now and each time has been fantastic.
The family are really welcoming and perfect hosts.
If you want to sample the real Tobago way poridge will lead the way with Trips to sunday school, island tours, boat trips and car hire he does it all.
Times i have had sat on the balcony late at nite putting the world to rights with him over a Carib or two.
If you want to sample true Tobagan home cooking i am sure Jeanell will organise a meal for you which they would be cooking to eat them selves.
I even cooked some pasta for them one nite as a thankyou or the way they welcomed me into their home.
If this is not for you they would be quiet happy for you to do your own thing.
The one thing that strikes me with poridge and Jeanell is
there love for there country and how proud they are to have you as their guests.
I read the visitor book in the appartment and most if not all said the same thing that this family made the visit to Tobago even more special. I have certainly met a friend who i would welcome anytime in England.
I was lucky enough for my trip to cover christmas and i was made part of the family that day. For the following days i had the chance to visit some friends of Poridges at house partys in the evening and i sampled food that i would never of tried it was fantastic.
Any i will stop waffleing now and say A TRIP TO TOBAGO IS NOT COMPLETE WITH OUT A VISIT TO PORRIDGES PLACE
NOW BOOK UP AND ENJOY YOUR STAY
YOU WONT REGRET IT

Return to “Porridge's Place”