Guest Report

Friendly and hospitable studio apartment at Castara (listing)
GraceV
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Guest Report

Post by GraceV »

My best friend and I stayed at Porridge's Place from May 25 - 29, and then ended up leaving our hotel in Speyside (although the hotel was nice and already paid for!) to come back from June 3 - 5th because we loved it so much at Porridge's!

There aren't enough words to describe Porridge. We both agree that he's the coolest person we've ever met :lol: His lovely wife Jeanell is incredibly warm and gracious. Their outlook on life is inspirational, and their daughter Derricia and son Shaq are a brilliant mix of their parents' kind and friendly personalities.

This family is simply incredible. The moment you meet them, you feel at ease. There's never a dull moment, and you never feel like you're staying in someone else's house - rather, you feel like it's your home, too!

The apartment is immaculately clean, well-stocked, and tastefully decorated. The bed is large and comfortable. You'll arrive to a loaf of Jeanell's delicious homemade bread and beers and water in the huge fridge. There's a full kitchen with everything you need: microwave, stove, oven, coffee maker, toaster, etc. The attention to detail is endless, and include things like a hair dyer, wi-fi, and an A/C unit that cools the room quickly. The walk to the beaches and village is maybe 7 minutes and, at least for us, a part of the fun.

Safety is not an issue if you're staying here. Nothing is an issue, really! Anything you'd like to arrange or need, they'll help you. Stress melts away when you're around them.

I could go on for ages about how great this place is, and how wonderful it is to wake up and sit on the shaded porch each morning watching the colorful birds and lush foliage. What really puts it over the top is the family. Meeting them is an experience not to be missed! If you don't stay at Porridge's Place, at least stay at a property they run, or book a tour with them. Nowhere else you stay, no other tours, and no other people will compare to the Lopez family. If you go to Tobago without meeting them, you haven't really been to Tobago!

Return to “Porridge's Place”