Guest Report

Intimate 10-room Nature Retreat in rainforest location (listing)
Kurt.Halfyard
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Guest Report

Post by Kurt.Halfyard »

We didn't stay here overnight, but drove up to the Cuffie River Retreat on December 23rd for a late LUNCH. Regina had sent all of her staff home for Christmas, so her and her husband cooked a meal for our family. Note, we didn't pop in unexpected: I had arranged this meal in September 2014 after a previous visit (Jan. 2013) to the Retreat where we did a hike on the property (with the wonderfully social Desmond as a guide), and were lulled by the smells coming from the kitchen afterwards, even though we couldn't stay long enough to partake!

I echo Steve's sentiments in his review that Regina might just be the best cook on the island (and the Island has some of the best food in the Caribbean!), the meal was one of the ages, something I'm sure she does on a regular basis, but to us, each new bite was like heaven. Calaloo Soup, Lentil Fritters, Dolphin Fish (Maui Maui), Baked Sweet Potato Pie, Seasoned Chicken, served in wonderful flavours and portions alongside juice squeezed from fruit grown on the property.

Hospitality plus. Worth every penny.

Return to “Cuffie River Nature Retreat”