Guest Report

Intimate 10-room Nature Retreat in rainforest location (listing)
Lloyd Mcintosh

Guest Report

Post by Lloyd Mcintosh »

Originally we booked to stay for 2 nights before heading onto Trinidad, by the end of the 1st day, my Family of 5, my Wife and I and 3 boys, aged 19,16,13 had unanimously decided to stay an extra night and we were glad that we did, what a pleasant experience it was, the Hotel was empty, apart from 1 birdwatcher from Canada, who only stayed 1 day, so it was like a private villa for us, with Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner being expertly prepared for us, which was not only a bonus for my wife, but an experience for my boys to try for the first time, real homemade West Indian food, which they enjoyed very much, especially the soups.
The Dawn chorus is something that I won't forget for a long time, even as I write this note I can hear the cacophony of sound that greeted as we woke each morning from birds (that you might only see in a zoo)and the booming noise of the Bullfrogs at night ( we thought they were Monkeys!)
Even to see the clouds coming over the mountains in the morning and to see the early morning rainfall as it fell from on high into the valley below was magical,
The Rain forest tour was interesting and worthwhile doing and one of the reasons for staying an extra day, our guide was a bit of an authority on Birds and added to the tour.
There was a large enough swimming pool which provide a lot of fun for my Boys and provided a place for us to relax, read and snooze, plus provided another interesting view of the valley.
The Hotel from the outside looks a bit functional almost drab, but inside the whole place was nicely decorated, the large rooms were clean and comfortable as can be seen from the photos.
All in all, a great place to wind down and to get away from the crowds and be close to nature. Bring your binoculars not only for the Birds but also the amazing sky at night.

Return to “Cuffie River Nature Retreat”