Guest Report

A 3-bedroom villa on the Sanctuary Villa Resort (listing)
Amanda Hogg

Guest Report

Post by Amanda Hogg »

We were in Tobago 12/95 staying at Coco Reef which had just opened., so were interested to see changes on the Island.
We were met, eventually, by Taxi fixed by Malcolm. Only 10 mins late which by local standards is very prompt!
Found the Villa spacious and well equipped but were a little surprised to find only one bedroom made up; only 2 bath towels, hand towels etc; washing in the machine; beach towels in the dryer.
I had checked with Malcolm whether we had the run of the Villa and was assured of this: we like to spread out and in hot climates have twin beds. However, we got used to the super King and used the A/C to keep cool. Have to say it is rather noisy. I fear we confused Catherine, the Housekeeper, by asking for more towels, as she failed thereafter to change them. The quality of the bath towels is poor.
Wonderful to find cold beers and water in frig but I do wonder about the open larder concept as frig and freezer seemed to be full of rather dubious things of unknown age, including fruit and veg. Hot water tank is tiny but OK for 2. Suspect wouldn't do many more consecutively in showers. Why so small?
The Terrace area is a bit small - how do 6 people relax there?
We knew about the plunge pool and rather missed a larger one, as we are not beach people and the seas quite rough.
Some of the furnishings, partic on the sitting room chairs are getting a bit tired. Catherine cleaned floors and bathrooms well but fails to notice cobwebs in various rooms! She also chose to wash dishes we had put into the dishwasher which seemed a little bizarre. We only had her coming x3 per week as we didn't make much mess.
There was a power cut and we cld only find one torch with low battery. Suggest a rechargeable torch that is readily available.
The Estate round about is a bit scruffy and the constant strimming with tiny machines is intrusive and ineffective. Insects were a problem but DEET protected well enough. Security is worse than useless - anyone cld drive thro: Compared to other places we visited: where we were asked what we were doing, checked in and checked out.
Having the car as part of the rental was great.
I am aware that all other Reviews so far are 5* but I am afraid I disagree for the basic reasons listed above. I am happy to elaborate if the Taylors would like further comments.

Return to “Tosca”