Guest Report

Five 3-bedroom villas at Signal Hill (listing)
N Harding

Guest Report

Post by N Harding »

I had the pleasure of staying at the Palms Villa resort in April. On arrival I couldn't believe my luck, our villa, "the tea house", one of five in the grounds was enormous, the fridge was stocked with some carib lagers and some food and my first evening there was spent largely pool side watching the sun go down, amongst some quite stunning scenery. The rooms were spacious, and the air conditioning a god-send as I slept like a baby. On waking up in the morning, I felt like a lottery winner urveying his paradise.

Our housekeeper, Karen was an absolute star, always smiling, and possibly the sweetest person we have ever met, nothing was too much trouble for her.

It's quite clear that you need your own transport when staying here, but the info provided to us on arrival gave us the number of a taxi driver we continued to use throughout our stay - Steve. Whatever time of the day, Steve was mr "no problem", even at 5am for a trip to the airport to go to Trinidad.

The noise from the other villas isn't a problem, the security are friendly and talkative, everything is set up for a secure and relaxing time. The resort is close enough to shops to not be a problem, and benefits in being away from the more built up areas such as Crown point, even though it is just minutes from the capital itself you would never know it.

Thoroughly recommended, particularly if you can share as a group of six to keep the costs down.

I cannot think of many things more relaxing that sitting out on the verandah, carib in hand listening to the humming birds flit from villa to villa, with the bbq on.

Do remember to buy some toilet roll though, as we discovered this is not replenished!

Return to “Palms Villa Resort”