Plantation Beach Villas (PBV)

6 3-bedroom beachside villas at Grafton Beach (listing)
Staale Karlsen

Plantation Beach Villas (PBV)

Post by Staale Karlsen »

Hello,
we are 3 families (15 people) planning a reunion in July. We are travelling from Norway and Seattle, WA. Our agent has recommended the Plantation Beach Villas, and it seems nice. However we have kids in the range from 4 to 17 so if anybody has experience from staying at PBV, it would be very nice to hear from you. We've never been to Tobago before and are really looking forward to 14 quiet days together.

S.Karlsen
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Staale

Welcome aboard! :lol:

Jill and I stayed at Plantation Beach Villas just a couple of weeks ago. They are fabulous. To be honest, I'm not a great beach person and normally prefer quieter villas on high ground, but I confess that PBV made me wonder. Jill is a real beach-person, so it was her favourite villa to date, even though the villas are smaller than some that we stayed at recently. Having said that, they are perfectly large enough for the six people that would be staying there.

I think they are an absolutely ideal choice for your party. The older kids will be able to wander off and do there own thing down the beach. The younger kids can use the private pool at PBV. Yes, a perfect choice - I guarantee that you'll love it.

Our review of the PBV will be another 6-8 weeks the way things are goind, but please don't hesitate it ask if you have any specific questions.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Staale Karlsen

Post by Staale Karlsen »

Hi Steve, :D
first of all thank you for your quick response! Secondly I am very impressed with the quality of this web-site. It is by far the best and most helpful I've visited since starting the planning to visit Tobago.

Regarding the PBV you gave me just the answer I was hoping for, since this is a once in a lifetime reunion, and we want it to be special.

A couple of other questions for you;
1. I've read that rainfall is at it's peak in July/August. Coming from Norway we are used to rain, so if we have 30 degr C, and 7 hours of sun in average everyday we'll be happy. Do you find July to be an OK time to visit Tobago?

2. Besides relaxing; what is your top 3 must see/experience for a first time visit in Tobago?

Staale
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Staale

The thing to remember about tropical climates is that the rains come in big heavy bursts - more rain comes down in five minutes than you can imagine. Then it clears and the sun comes out. 20 minutes later you can't believe it rained. It's very, very seldom like here in the UK where its grey and drizzles all day long. Another characteristic of Tobago, in particular, is that most of the rain normally falls at night and during the very early morning. You will regularly, even in the dry season, wake at dawn to find it overcast and possibly raining. It can stay like that until around 9am and then miraculously clear and be a cloudless day.

Given the screwed up weather of the world, I hesitate to say much about what the weather will be like. However, if you study the statistics on our Weather page (Tobago/Weather), you'll see that's whilst there's higher rain, there's still lots of sunshine - for the reasons above.

Tobago is such a small island that in a two week holiday you will be able to fit in everything mentioned on our Sightseeing page. I'm afraid I'm going to be selfish and keep quiet about my favourites. I've banged on about Pirates Bay at Charlotteville too much and now it's like the South of France. :cry: Not really, but I was most dissapointed to find half a dozen people there when I went a few weeks ago.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Plantation Beach Villas”