Old Donkey Cart House

9 room hotel and restaurant in Bacolet (listing)
John L

Old Donkey Cart House

Post by John L »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 22 October 2002

I stayed at the Old Donkey Cart House in feb this year, and will return again in december. We booked the penthouse, and had a fabulous stay. The appartment afforded magnificent views over Bacolet Bay, with the beach just 2 mins away. There is a small pool, and a good restaurant. It was peaceful and very relaxing! I advise a hire car for getting around!
Nick Lambert

Old Donkey Carthouse, too

Post by Nick Lambert »

As already posted within my general-island-review, here our impressions about the ODCH: (we've been there at february, too)
Old Donkey Cart House – our two weeks-accomodation. An easy going place with a restaurant (good) a bar (unfortunatly not very frequented) and a refreshing small pool (with a great view). Nice staff. Tastefully furnished in a relaxed mediterranian style.

9 rooms at different levels (and prices). The smaller groundfloor rooms seemed to make their inhabitants not really happy. A better choice instead are the first floor rooms – and the really spaceious top-appartment (see Johns review). Catering: Concerning to our longterm-stay we would have wished us a breakfast in more variations…..

Bacelot-Beach, the nearest and the House-beach of ODCH, ist nice, but a little “clean” and dominated by Blue Heavens Hotel-Guests. The staff at the bar seemed to us as distinguished as the guests……
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Thanks Nick, that will be useful information to many.

I've just had notice this past weekend that the Old Donkey Cart is shortly to be renamed the Half Moon Blue Hotel. They apparently have also recently acquired access to what is described as a beautiful cove across the street. They have started to landscape the grounds and plan to add more suites and other facilities over the coming year.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Nick Lambert

a donkey goes to the moon

Post by Nick Lambert »

One more time, Steve, you were right. "Hat down" as we say in germany. I'll try to get some more information directly from there. Hope they are thinking not to big.

Return to “Half Moon Blue”