Guest Report

8 room hotel in south Bon Accord (listing)
Angella Ramesar

Guest Report

Post by Angella Ramesar »

My daughter and I arrived about 2.30 pm. in the afternoon and was checked in by the owner Mrs. Montjoy. We were shown into the twin room which I had requested. This was on the ground floor. The twin room had no window, just one big glass door. The room was very small and below expectation. The restaurant was a big disappointment. It was just a small kitchen area with some tables. We eat out all the time that we spent there. The place was very loney and had few guests. The distance from the Hummingbird hotel to Storebay was about twenty mintues walk and we ended up renting a car to get to and from the beach.

Mr. Montjoy spoke to us on a few occassions but from a Trinidadian point of view, they were not very friendly.

We choose this hotel based on its rating as the #1 hotel out of a list. The past reviews was very good but we reliazed that this rating was based on price. This hotel is good for couples who want to get away but not for families. It may be good for foreigners who seemed to be on good terms with the owners but the locals don't get the same treatment.

Mrs. Montjoy stated up front that there was no kitchen available, but based on the price and the fact that there was supposed to be a restaurant, I decided to book this hotel.

I would not recommend this hotel to Trinidadians based on the location, price - $300 for a tiny room is not worth the value, and eating choices.

Return to “Hummingbird Hotel”