Enchanting waters

10 room hotel and restaurant near Buccoo (listing)
Steve Cash

Enchanting waters

Post by Steve Cash »

ok , i am going to take my new wife to Tobago and both of us fancy this hotel so i was hoping somebody can answer a few questions for me

1. Is it suitable for kids , well our 1 year old son ,

2. is the package taht they offer for 14 days worth it , in my mind it seems very good ,and is teh car needed for the 14 days thats included .

3. is here more child freindly than the seahorse or teh grafton , i have satyed previously at teh Rex Turtle and i have promised teh wife tobe i wont take her to the same resort as i weant with the previous wife

4. is the cost of living ie , eating out for 7 days of teh holiday still cheap as when i was there about 9 years ago it was very very cheap , just wondering if its gone up to teh other isalnds prices

5. which is the best airline i have priced up Virgin who i rate very highly and i have travelled with BA b4 , and also Excell to teh canaries only , do Monarch still fly to the island ????????

6. is tehre a direct from Manchester as i live 10 mins drive away from there so would make sense to go from there

and lastly a recommendation from me for anyone who is flying from Gatwick and has to saty in a hotel teh night b4 , there is a hotel called IFIELD COURT in Ifield who offer 28 days free parking inteh winter and 14 free in the summer , free courtesy bus to teh airport , and is a very nice hotel with brilliant restaraunt , i have used many times when flying from Gatwick , tehy even make sure you havent got a flat battery in teh winter , for when you get back ,

anyway hopesomeone can help

cheers
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Steve

I assume you mean the Enchanted Waters Hotel. Haven't stayed there myself, but have eaten there regularly - and always enjoyed it, but have to say that by coincidence I received a very negative report of dining there from a reader just 10 minutes ago.

Anyway, hope the following helps:

1. There's no reason that I am aware of that would make in unsuitable for a 1 year old.

2. I'm not familiar with any packages they're offering, so can't comment. However, only you can decide whether you feel any package is a good deal.

3. The Seahorse Inn will me more up-market. The Grafton will obviously have far more in the way of facilities, although this is probably irrelevent with a 1-year old.

4. Prices have gone up a fair bit in nine years. However, it is still possible to eat out very cheaply.

5. How do you quantify "best"? See http://www.mytobago.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1525 that I made earlier today for comparative prices. The Monarch service to Tobago was replace by Excel Airways early last year.

6. BWIA fly direct from Manchester I believe.
Last edited by Steve Wooler on Sat May 27, 2006 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Steve Cash

Post by Steve Cash »

thanks Steve for your very quick reply , the packages are a set price for a suite at the hotel , incl daily breakfast , car hire and 4 days out of 7 2 course meals at Patinos , seems very good , after i coverted it from usd to £s , especially as they are for 2 people

tehy are detailed on the website under packages
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

I forgot to say, in point 2. above, that a car is pretty essential if you are to get the best out of Tobago.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

I can't comment on the accommodation at Enchanted Waters, but we had a meal ther in May and I can honestly say it was the best meal I had on the Island, ofcourse the setting does help!!

Linda
Rita P

Enchanted Waters

Post by Rita P »

Hi, I went to Tobago for a week and we spent four days at the Enchanted Waters, It was lovely. I also stayed at the Coco Reef which was good. The food was ok too. :lol:

Return to “Enchanted Waters Hotel”