Has anyone stayed at this property?

10 room hotel and restaurant near Buccoo (listing)
Helen Crisp

Has anyone stayed at this property?

Post by Helen Crisp »

Hi folks,

Can I just say that I love the website, very informative. Anyway, we are toying with the idea of booking a holiday to Tobago in January 2006 with Virgin Holidays staying at the Enchanted Waters. Has anyone stayed here and if so your comments would be much appreciated? Was last in Tobago 5 years ago and we adored the island. We stayed at the Turtle Beach hotel then but quite fancy staying in a smaller accommodation this time.

Any comments or recommendations?

Thank you

Helen
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Helen

Welcome aboard! :lol:

I've never seen the rooms at the Enchanted Waters, but from I hear they're clean, in good condition and should provide an excellent base for a holiday. The restaurant CAN be extremely good, if somewhat lacking in atmosphere. The location is excellent, in terms of putting you within easy reach of everything, but your own vehicle is absolutely essential - it would be a 10-15 minute walk down to Buccoo Beach and although you are within walking distance of several good restaurants, there's little else.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Helen Crisp

Enchanted Waters

Post by Helen Crisp »

Thanks a lot Steve for your reply. Maybe it sounds a little isolated so I will do further research and have a look through the reviews for inspiration.

Helen
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Helen

Can I please just clarify a couple of things so that I don't give the wrong impression about the Enchanted Waters.

My advice that your own wheels are essential applies to 95%+ of ALL accommodation on Tobago. Relative to all other guesthouses and similar on the island, the Enchanted Waters is certainly not isolated. VERY few places are within walking distance on any one accommodation, unless you stay in the sprawl of Crown Point.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

In addition to Steve's comments,it is on the bus route to Plymouth-Scarborough and Crown Point and it is also very easy to pick up a route taxi on th Shirvan or Carnbee roads.
Regards David.(78 and 1/2 days togo!!!!)
Bill Jones

Enchanted Waters

Post by Bill Jones »

Hi all

My wife andI stayed at EW for 2 weeks Sept 04.

The rooms are comfortable, nice kitchen area on balcony to allow for self catering, comfortable and very friendly staff.

we did not worry about the location, just a short stroll to Buccoo, Polo Bar etc, plenty of local transport if you dont hire a car ( we did, but then our first Tobago trip and we wanted to explore the Island)

We would score it 8/10.

PS. love the site, found it whilst looking for info for our next rtip to Tobago.

Bill :wink:
Robert R

Post by Robert R »

My first post on this great site.
I've lurked a long time but feel forced to write some positives on this small hotel.
I really like the Enchanted waters.
I've stayed there twice on the meal plan and it great value, good food and very friendly.
Roger who runs the place is a great hard working chap, and the chef Israel cooks the best peppered shrimp on the Island.
You do need to hire a car - although roger will sort out a discounted supplier for you.
The service may not be Hilton standards but the staff are real Tobagons and therefore you need to show them some respect and good manners then you have not a waiter but a new friend. The service can be slow but hey I'm away from London who's in a hurry? :lol:
The pool is nearly always empty so its like having your own villa.
The TV's in the room carry loads of cable -so even for us football fans they have live premiership and free movie channels (the other hotels I've stayed in have very limited TV options). 8)
SOme things are comical in this hotel but thats why we love Tobago - if you want 100% efficient aloof service stay in barbados or in the dreaded hilton.. :cry: If you want to see real Tobago - good food, a nice rum, a peaceful and secure safe residence the enchanted waters is a good bet.

Return to “Enchanted Waters Hotel”