footprints eco resort

9 room retreat at Culloden on the Caribbean coast (listing)
Tom Snider

footprints eco resort

Post by Tom Snider »

we have booked a stay at the footprints eco resort, does anyone have experience with this resort? Are there any good diving locations near the resort?
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Tom

Welcome aboard!

Well, I don't think I would exactly describe Footprints as a resort. It certainly has a very charming rustic charm and it's a very brave venture run by very nice people, but sadly lack of investment means it's not all it could be. Having said that, I believe it gets favourable reports. There hasn't been much comment, but use the search link at the top of the page and check out what little there is.

There is interesting diving all along that coast and the Culloden reef next to Footprints is virtually untouched. Tobago Dive Experience allegedly are taking dive booking from the Arnos Vale Hotel, but they're an operation I would avoid. The nearest other operation is Scuba Adventure Safari at the Rex Turtle Beach, about 20 minutes drive away. I would take up sewing rather than use them. Another 5 minutes further on you have Adventure Eco Divers at Grafton Beach. Not a bad bunch but not in the premier league. The nearest decent dive operations are in Crown Point or Lowlands - both some 45 minutes drive away from Culloden and Footprint Eco Resort.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Footprints Eco Resort”