Footprints Eco Resort

9 room retreat at Culloden on the Caribbean coast (listing)
Nick

Footprints Eco Resort

Post by Nick »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 28 February 2003

Often asked for in the forum, desperately looked for at the internet, one of the favorite evoked sets for us honeymooners, we went for footprints to get our own our personal impression.... . And it was: AUTUMN. That's what we both tought, entering the place. Missing green, missing colours, missing a carring hand. As if time is standing still after having a great idea....hard to expain (auf deutsch gings besser)) A special case here and often asked for by honeymmooners:Lovers Retreat. It is actually beeing renovated for a large wedding, as we were told. Those should think of the following fact: It's situated in a little valley - and you are looking UPWARDS in this small valley while you were sitting in your private and hiddden garden - the carribean sea unvisible in your back! But who wouldt not prefer to see the sea? So our suggestion to anyone going to EFR:think of ther other single-houses there, or the ocean-front-rooms there. And, finally, as an point of discussion to any place on the island:: Is "eco-labeling" in the sense of "Let's use local materials (as usual) to build our hotel, change towels not daily, and charge Europeans for that stronly everyday"... ? Nick
Anthony

Footprints

Post by Anthony »

I liked Footprints a lot when I was there for my wedding a couple of years ago. It's true it's not exactly luxurious, and it's a little poky and quirky, but it's also very relaxing and comfortable. I'll be back there shortly, so I'll let you know if I agree it's run downhill since I was last there.

Return to “Footprints Eco Resort”