Footprints Eco Lodge

9 room retreat at Culloden on the Caribbean coast (listing)
Lynn Morris
myTobago Enthusiast
myTobago Enthusiast

Footprints Eco Lodge

Post by Lynn Morris »

Has anyone any information, reviews etc on Footprints Eco Lodge.

We are looking for somewhere quiet to stay on Tobago with a good resturant and near the beach with good snorkelling and this seems to fit the bill.

We stayed at Arnos Vale in February this year and totally fell in love with Tobago and wish to return in Feb 2006, but want to saty somewhere different and smaller this time.

Help and advice needed!!

Lynn
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Lynn

Welcome aboard!

Footprints Eco Resort was a very brave attempt and could have been wonderful. Sadly, for various reasons, it failed to quite make the mark. The Trinidadian owner had/has serious problems not connected with he development, which in turn was never really completed. Lack of occupancy and maintenance have meant, I am told, that much of the accommodation is no longer habitable.

It's certainly a wonderful setting and could have been a magnificent project. I visited it during my last visit and wandered around for over five minutes but couldn't see/find anybody. The place was totally deserted. I could have helped myself to a drink from the bar, food from the kitchen or anything else. No guests, no staff, just nothing. Frankly, I don't see how they survive.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Lynn Morris
myTobago Enthusiast
myTobago Enthusiast

Post by Lynn Morris »

Hi Steve

Thanks for your prompt reply - you have certainly helped me make a decision.

After reading your site last year we had a great urge to visit Tobago - now we are hooked and want to visit again in February next year - I am just scanning the site for ideas on accomadation.

Love the site. Thanks for all your hard work!

Lynn
Sally

Post by Sally »

We stayed at Footprints Eco Resort almost a year ago, and we loved it! However, we were the only guests there, and I can't imagine how they could survive without guests. We had the whole place to ourselves, and we were waited on hand and foot. The place is beautiful and very isolated. It was exactly what we hoped for, and we were certainly not disappointed. We met the woman who we were told was the owner. She was running it for her parents, I believe. She and her husband stopped by one day, and they seemed very pleasant. We are certainly disappointed to hear they're struggling. We felt they needed to do some marketing of themselves, and let tourists know about them. It was the highlight of our spectacular trip.
Michele Roystan

Post by Michele Roystan »

My husband and I just returned from the Footprints Eco Resort (June 1st -8th) and had a wonderful time.
This is a resort for people who want to get away from it all. If you are a nature lover (Mot Mot trial is good hiking) or bird watcher I highly recommend. Pristine snorkelling off the bay however sea conditions have to be good to really enjoy it.
Service is very personlized because of the size of the property.
Food is of a very good standard (local style dishes). Visited Green House where most of the vegetables are grown and used at the restaurant. During my stay evidence of renovation on some of the units but this little to interupt my stay.
In summary I would have to say this is a place for people who want de-stress from every day living, good for couples who want to re-kindle relationships, good for persons who prefer less traditional type resorts and a definite must for nature seekers
Barbara1

Post by Barbara1 »

we just returned from Tobago and had lunch at Footprints Eco Lodge.
what a beauiful place!
the setting is awesome!
we did not see the rooms but there were guests there and for lunch they had about 4 tables of people.. all thsoe people though were visiting the lodge not staying there.
I know this is slow season so I thought for them to have so many tables busy was pretty good especally since you have to do some driving to get there.
the food in the restaurant was good.
J Price

Footprints Eco Resort

Post by J Price »

Just returned from belated honeymoon on Tobago - 1 week at Kariwak which was perfect and then booked for a week at Footprints. Although this is in a beautiful position, great for wildlife and peace and quiet, and could be so good, we did not feel it was anywhere near worth the money paid. Pools extremely grimy, accommodation shabby and dirty, towels and sheets although washed had stains of some nature on them. It just doesn't seem to have been maintained or managed well. Service of meals to our villa was good though. It was a disappointing few days, as we really had wanted to be secluded in lovely surroundings. I'm afraid we checked out early and went to a rather different place, Coco Reef Resort. Despite giving up seclusion, this was just what we needed to relax again, in enjoyable, clean and well kept surroundings. :(
Lily Mel

Post by Lily Mel »

Haven't you think to go back to Kariwak?

lily
J Price

Post by J Price »

That would have been great, but we knew they were full that week. And Coco Reef was very good anyway.
Lily Mel

Post by Lily Mel »

a little reaction from me is at the Kariwak rewiew.
(didn't know were to place my reaction) :)

Lily
Rachel Harries

Post by Rachel Harries »

just my 2p's worth ;)

We spent the day at Foorprints after our wedding.

Lunch was delicious
It was quiet and relaxing
The beach is small but heavenly
The snorkelling is great
It's right off the beaten track

It has seen better days :(
The pools were dirty
The furniture was shabby
The road down to it was at best a track
There were no residents to be seen
It felt like a bit of a ghost town. A slightly eerie, sad place :(

That was in 2000! Sounds like it hasn't changed much. What a waste; a real shame.

R
Rebecca Thorpe

footprints

Post by Rebecca Thorpe »

Hi.The feedback here regarding footprints is pretty bad but I
was readig a frommers travel guide online which raved about the place
and mentioned recent renovations.Has any one stayed there recently
or visited it as I still like the idea of staying there to be honest!
If it still sucks can anyone recommend a quiet, place to stay with a pool and room service thats nice enough for a honey moon..vetoing big
resorts!
Thanks,
rebecca
Annie Reardon

Any NEW info on Footprints???

Post by Annie Reardon »

Is there any new information on Footprints? I am trying to get my trip together for late May, and wanted to stay in Castera, and one other place, and Footprints looked really good. However, the reviews and reports I have read tell me differently. But, none are recent. Can anybody help? :?:
Rebecca Thorpe

Wouldnt recommend it

Post by Rebecca Thorpe »

We just got back from our honeymoon in Tobago.We paid in full for our stay at footprints, in the lovers retreat, but decided to leave and pay again elsewhere after one night. It is very run down, there was no chef at the resturant and the over all look was very shabby. It was the first night of our honeymoon so as you can imagine ,very disappointing. I would recommend avoiding this place to stay. To be honest, we followed pretty much all recommendations on this site for taxis,resturants, accomodation , trips etc and found it to be an accurate resource. So good luck on your holiday.Tobago is lovely and Castara a beautiful spot.

Return to “Footprints Eco Resort”