Guest Report

9 room retreat at Culloden on the Caribbean coast (listing)
Linda Levy

Guest Report

Post by Linda Levy »

I am writing from Footprints at this moment, our tenth year here. This is paradise, this is Tobago. Ocean, the best local cuisine around, a family atmosphere. Two gorgeous saltwater infinity pools flowing into the coral beach.

Eco lodge, yes, "spa" no. If you were expecting a US Canyon Ranch-style spa with massages and yoga, forget it. This is an extraordinary rustic experience, though the rooms - now renovated - are luxurious cabins. The villas have their own little swimming pool and there is a jacuzzi.

The comment below by "Azad" is worth reading: this is not the typical hotel.

But why bother with typical. You can even open the thatched roof over the restaurant by pulling on the ropes.

I notice that ALL the negative comments seem to come one person with a variant of the name "Natasha." It goes back three years to a bad period of renovation. I was there. It was a little ragged; but all is fixed now as I sit here typing (they now have WiFi).

There is also a two-mile long hiking trail above Footprints overlooking the sea.

I only hope that one day they will restore the extraordinary look-out deck on the sea cliff. But then, from your room, the sound of the waves and the view are just astonishing. There is no parallel on Tobago.

And as the other guest said, the Persad family are excellent guides to the island.

Return to “Footprints Eco Resort”