Guest Report

6 room self-catering apartments in Crown Point (listing)
Lisa Grant

Guest Report

Post by Lisa Grant »

The service at Surfside is the worst I have ever encountered in all the years I have been coming to Tobago on vacation. I would NEVER recommend anyone to stay there. Bookings were made with the manager for 4 days in July for a group of 4 & payment made to confirm the booking. In all discussions (making & confirming the booking) we were never told that the check in time is 2pm even after we indicated that we would be arriving at 11am. On arrival at Surfside we go to check in at the office only to hear for the 1st time and much to our surprise that "check in is at 2pm you can have a seat in the lobby & wait or leave a cell number & we'll call you when the room is ready". I indicated to the Manager that we were never told that in all our discussions and that would be quite inconvenient as my friend is heavily pregnant and needs to rest and the children are also quite restless because of the early time they had to get up to travel. The manager was quite adamant that check in is at 2pm and was not willing to be accommodating in light of the fact that there was clear miscommunication on their part of not informing us of the 2pm check in time when we indicated that we would be arriving at 11am while making the booking. The manager then proceeds to get quite disrespectful & argumentative which was highly inappropriate for someone in the service industry. A full refund was demanded from them and alternative accommodation sort because customers deserve respect & I was extremely upset by the attitude & behaviour of the manager. It was d worst experience I have ever had. I would never recommend anyone to stay there
Glyn Kirpalani
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Re: Guest Report

Post by Glyn Kirpalani »

I am unconnected with the Surfside and reviews are not brilliant for this hotel, but how did you expect to check-into a room at the same time that the previous night's guests would be actively checking-out, allowing no time for the room to be cleaned?

When I used to run a micro resort there it was common for folks to tell us their time of flight arrival, but that did not constitute an agreement to have the room from the time mentioned. Perhaps the person who handled your booking call merely assumed you were informing of your flight time. Normally you can only have a room early if it was not in use the night before.

Return to “Surfside Hotel”