Surf Side Hotel

6 room self-catering apartments in Crown Point (listing)
D Rich

Surf Side Hotel

Post by D Rich »

I realised that the creator of the website stated that there was only one negative review of the Surf Side Hotel. Well this one makes three since it is the opinion of my sister and I. We were absolutely horrified at the conditions at the hotel. There was dog faeces, yes you saw right, DOG FAECES outside our hotel door when we first arrived. It was just covered with sand and we didn't realise what was the source of the smell at first. When we did and we asked for it to be moved it took them about two days before it was done. Not to mention the noise that is experienced because of the Golden Star pub next door. On our first night of arrival I had absolutely no sleep because the noise was deafening. Even my windows were vibrating to the sound of the music. When I went to management to complain about it, I was answered (with a smirk on their face I might add) that this happened every Wednesday night and on weekends and they could not tell me when the music would stop. Our experience there was absolutely terrible. I guess there is a reason why there rates are so cheap. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. :x
Ilja Albrecht

Post by Ilja Albrecht »

Well,

I stayed at the Surf Side together with my wife christmas 98 & 99.
To start with the negative things - yes the Golden Star can be loud, but it is not every day and surely not the whole night. We did not mind that so much and got used to it.

The place doesn't offer the latest in modern comfort, but it was tidy, the patios clean. The owners are fantastic people, they did a christmas-party, they drove us around an entire day including lunch at Jemma's and we were at all times be treated with politness, respect and a great service attitude.

I do not know if the management has changed, which I do not believe but I can say about the time I spent there, that we were VERY VERY satisfied.

It may well be since we were just graduating from university that we may have been used to lower standards but even today being a frequent business traveller I would still prefer the Surfside to some of those all-inclusive castles where you have to pass a gate with guard which I feel belongs to miitary barracks not a holiday resort but that is my personal view.

Again, these people were nice, the rooms reduced but clean and the service and especially the price was very reasonable.

Greets
Ilja

Return to “Surfside Hotel”