Guest Report

6 room self-catering apartments in Crown Point (listing)
Shane Ramcharan

Guest Report

Post by Shane Ramcharan »

I'm writing this report as it's fresh in my mind. A group of 6 and myself stayed at Surfside for two nights Sept 24-26th. First of all the location is ideal. Close proximity to ATMs, Store Bay, the grocery, Chef's BBQ (my favorite, can't wait to go back to have that) and Skewers (for all the Muslims visiting the Crown Point area, they have halal meats), just to name a few of the eating places around.
W e stayed in a family apartment (paid $700tt per night for room DV2). The apartment was very well kept. This is the first place I've stayed in Tobago that actually had enough wares in the kitchen to cook, sadly this time I didn't. The bedrooms had clean sheets, clean floors and walls. Be warned! From my experience with the AC, they work darn good. We had the AC on in both rooms and kept the doors open so the entire apartment was really cold. Even though our stay was only two nights, on the second day, Saturday, someone came to mop and take out the trash. This really impressed me as I have never had that before even with paying $700tt for only two persons at the crown point beach hotel.
The pools were clean and there we alot of lounge chairs around for just taking in the Tobago sun. The one draw back for me was that the pool opens at 9am and closes at 9pm. I dont mind the closing time but I think it should open a bit earlier. Their check out is at 11pm so opening the pool at 9am with 6 people staying in one apartment and only one bathroom leaves no pool time the morning before check out. This I think they should look at.
To sum it all up, great customer service, excellent location, great accommodation. I will definitely staying there again. My family has also indicated that they don't want to stay anyway else. I'm planning my next trip for Easter 2011. I wanted to do the booking one time but they weren't doing them so early. Thank you surf side for a wonderful stay.

Return to “Surfside Hotel”