Guest Report

8 room Guest House in Canaan (listing)
Shelley-Ann Thompson

Guest Report

Post by Shelley-Ann Thompson »

The host, Mr. Leekit was polite, professional and a good people person. The guest house is immaculate, comfortable, easy to find, safe, and within a short and pleasant walking distance to the beach. The house facilities were excellent: the Self-Catering kitchen was clean and fully functioning with a gas stove, refrigerator, kitchen utensils in a clean cupboard, clean food storage cupboards, clean cutlery, kitchen tools, dish washing liquid, kitchen was always clean with no insects, two garbage bins that were always emptied and cleaned. The kitchen floors were clean and neatly tiled.

the laundry appliances worked well and were clean. cleaning equipment such as brooms and mops are provided. there is an ironing and ironing board, a bathroom scale, linens, etc.
The bathrooms clean and fully functioning with hot and cold showers with bath soap and toilet paper as an initial provision and welcome.
The bedrooms were clean and comfortable with Air Conditioning. The nights were quiet. the bedroom locks were fully functioning. The cable television worked well. beds were clean and comfortable.
the dining area was clean, spacious and had a relaxing veranda that overlooked the main road. one can sit out there and have refreshments and see the buses and pedestrians pass by day or night. For those who smoke, you can smoke outside on the veranda but keep it clean people: bring your own ashtray and don't leave butts or ash. On the wall of the staircase to the upstairs rooms, there is a nice little collection of literature for guests to use during their stay and return before they check out. Outside there is a hose to wash sand off of your feet before you enter the house. this keeps the house clean for everyone. there is no pool but it is not missed after spending the day at either nearby Pigeon Point beach or Storebay beach. for the ladies at Storebay beach you can get a great deal on beach chairs and umbrellas from Peggy, ask for her.

My stay was so pleasant that I plan to return and with my elderly parents who I know would enjoy the house and beach.
During my 5-day stay, I lost 15 pounds in weight just by walking to and from the beach everyday, doing water exercises and eating local fruits, vegetables and lots of fresh fish. I had an excellent stay at Candles In the Wind guesthouse, thank you Mr. Leekit.

Return to “Candles In The Wind”