Guest Report

8 room Guest House in Canaan (listing)
Simona

Guest Report

Post by Simona »

I stayed @ Candles in January 2011 and slept three nights in the dorm. All beds had a mosquito net, which was very useful as the whole island was packed with mosquitoes) and a fan close to them. The dorm was in the attic and during the day got unbearably hot, but at night it was ok and with the help of the fans it was actually possible to sleep. The bathroom was very narrow and it smelled a bit, not the cleanest bath I've seen but it was ok. I have seen the rooms downstairs and - to no surprise - they are far better than the dorm, all with a private bathroom.

The common kitchen appeared very greasy, I wouldn't cook anything there nor use one of the cups or glasses, but it was ok for storing things.

The owner is definitely the best part of the whole package, with lots of tips on the island and always a smile on his face. He will offer to drive you from the airport or to other destination (for a fee, of course) and let you use the washing machine at no additional charge, but you have to provide your own laundry powder.

All in all I was satisfied with the place - at the dorm price you couldn't find anything better.

Return to “Candles In The Wind”