Guest Report

5 room Guest House high in the hills behind Scarborough (listing)
Mark Dingman

Guest Report

Post by Mark Dingman »

I spent the week between Christmas '08 & New Years on Tobago--my first trip to the island. My stay at the Moonlight Mountain guesthouse was very relaxed and I felt very welcomed. I loved my upstairs room. It was nicely detailed and featured a great private balcony (with hammock) that opens up to an unobstructed view of the Atlantic--I kept it open all night to the evening breeze. There were no annoying island sounds or bug problems to disturb my sleep the whole time I was there--I've heard horror stories about insanely noisy birds at many locations, but here it was serene.

I by far prefer the guesthouse format of accommodations above that of hotels or resorts, and I felt that MM provided superior value for my travel dollar. I felt like I was staying some place exclusive rather than at just some glorified Motel 6 room (as most cookie-cutter resorts tend to be). My stay at MM was a memorable part of my trip and not just a clean place to sleep and shower--it is the kind of place you would want to take photos of, and I certainly did just that.

The property is kept clean and tidy, and Ginny & Kelly were looking out for all my needs the whole time I was there, such that I felt quite at home. My bed was comfortable and there were always clean sheets and towels. I enjoyed using their little dipping pool late at night before I retired upstairs to read--very refreshing. I loved breakfast at Moonlight Mountain--Kelly set us up with a tasty, well-balanced morning meal every day: fish, eggs, fresh green salads, fresh fruit & juice and toast. I went scuba diving almost every day, so these morning meals were KEY to energizing my entire day.

Now I feel that I can say I have friends on Tobago, because I was made to feel so welcome. One night while I was there I was invited to a dinner with Ginny & Kelly and another guest couple at a memorable place about a 5 minute drive down the "mountain". A great time was had. My experience at Moonlight Mountain is a big part of why I will return to Tobago some day. Two thumbs up.

Return to “Moonlight Mountain”