Guest Report

10 room Guest House at Goldsborough Bay (listing)
Cal Cotton

Guest Report

Post by Cal Cotton »

My family planned a 3 week vacation to T&T and made great use of this website to select accommodations. Unfortunately our vacation coincided with the new USA regulations regarding passports for children traveling to the Carribean and Mexico. Due to the terrible backlog of requests we were unable to obtain a passport for our daughter and had to cancel our trip. All of the hotels/guesthouses/car rental companies were understanding (with small cancellation penalties) with one exception. Our dealings with Shirley and the Rainbow Nature Resort left a bad taste. Despite repeated promises by Shirley to return most of our money, we never received a penny. I understand the economic burden of canceled reservations, but one would think that keeping 100% of the 5 day reservation including charges for meals, is excessive. In more than 20 emails, spanning 2 years, Shirley repeatedly said that she would return our money, but there was always an excuse for why it had not yet been returned----broken computer, out of the country, sick relatives, lost files...the list goes on. This was not simply a deposit, but was the full cost of room and board for our full stay.

"Will return funds early next week by western union. Unfortunately there is a cost to do so. Kindly gave me your address official address and name that will appear on the forms. Kindest Regards
Shirley"

As an example of the sort of communication I received. Sorry to have to report this, but I think it speaks volumes about how we would have been treated had we actually stayed at the Rainbow Nature Resort. Fortunately, forums such as this exist, and bad behavior can be shared with other potential guests.

I am sure T&T are lovely, and we plan to vacation on the islands in the near future, but our time and money will not be spent with Shirley at Rainbow.

Return to “Rainbow Nature Resort”