The Seahorse Inn review

4 room Guest House/Inn and popular restaurant on Grafton beach (listing)
Piia

The Seahorse Inn review

Post by Piia »

The location at Stonehaven beach was magnificent; you could listen to the sound of the waves at night. The only minus about the location is that it is kind of isolated and you need a car if you don’t want to rely on taxis. On the other hand, the small village of Black Rock is just around the corner with some small shops to buy the basic things. There was quite a lot of noise from the bar and the restaurant in the evenings and that might bother someone. But the noise always ended before midnight so it won’t keep you up all night. The staff at the hotel was nice, especially at the bar and at the office.

The rooms were big and airy and were kept very clean. The interior was made of teak wood, which was beautiful, but other wise the décor was quite plain. The rooms had cable-TV, but no phones. The biggest minus was that they don’t have fridge in the room. The air-conditioning was really good and very quiet and if I understood correctly, they had just renewed them. There was also a ceiling fan. We had a veranda and a separate balcony. They were both with chairs and tables and both overlooking the beach and the restaurant, which was nice, because you got beautiful views of the sunset. Beach towels were also provided.

Rates include cooked breakfast (not buffet), which isn’t that big but adequate and got you started for the day. They have fruit, toast, eggs and bacon or fish. I don’t usually eat toast with jam, but I really liked the pineapple jam they had. We were also given welcome cocktails, when we arrived.

All in all, we had a pleasant stay there and would recommend The Seahorse Inn to others, who appreciate the intimacy of a small hotel and don’t miss the hustle and bustle or the services of a big resort hotel. However I wouldn’t recommend the Seahorse Inn to people, who are physically challenged, because there are a lot of steps and all of the rooms are on the second floor.
Laura

Post by Laura »

Thank you very much Piia for your review.

We're leaving for Tobago at the end of next week :D and are staying at The Seahorse Inn!

I'm growing concerned about mosquitos, how's the situation in that area? and in general in the island in this period?

Thank you and Regards
Laura
Piia

mosquitoes

Post by Piia »

There are some cracks and holes around the doors and windows, but we didn't have problems with mosquitoes in our room. They also have mosquito coils burning around the restaurant so there were no bigger problems at the restaurant either. We had our holiday 6-22 May so don't now about the current mossie situation on the island.

Have a nice holiday!

Return to “Seahorse Inn”