Seahorse Inn & Man O War Cottages

4 room Guest House/Inn and popular restaurant on Grafton beach (listing)
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 12 February 2003

Anyone been to the above places? Have a trip to Tobago planned for May for the four of us (2 adults 2 children) and have booked a week in Seahorse (B&B) and then a week at Man of War Bay cottages. Decided to split the holiday as we dont fancy spending our time in the car up and down the coast! Any help appreciated.
Tim W

Post by Tim W »

Hi Tracy,

we ate at the Seahorse a number of times when we were there in 2000. It was excellent- and if you scroll back through Forum entries I am sure there is positive cmment from someone who stayed there last year. We are off to Tobago TOMORROW(YIPPEE!!!!)and will probably eat there Saturday night. I will post comment after our return on the 28th.

tim
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Tracy

I've heard good reports about the rooms at the Seahorse Inn and their restaurant is arguably the most professional restaurant on the island. I've thoroughly enjoyed both meals that I've had their this trip. The Man O' War Bay cottages are very basic - real Robinson Crusoe stuff. Personally, I would try and switch the order around - staying at Man O' War Bay first and then at the Seahorse Inn.

Please share your holiday thoughts with us all when you return.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Glyn Kirpalani
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Glyn Kirpalani »

Hello there. We ate a lovely meal at the Seahorse - warm service and excellent food. Also, a friend stayed there for two nights last september so I got to see the rooms - very nice (if you like wood), clean with decent bathroom. Only negative points were the old fashioned, noicy a/c unit and the fact that the rooms are built off the restaurant/above the bar, so you can't sleep in peace until everyone leaves - although it is not a late night place, one night there was a private party until late, although this is rare I believe. The verandah is cute, nice foliage etc, and you overlook a nice beach 10 metres away. I do not know the Man of War Cottages. Have fun,

Glyn
Glyn Kirpalani
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 25 February 2003

THanks Steve, Tim and Glyn for the info. Unfortunately for some reason, which I cant remember(!) we cant swap it around, think its availability at the Man o war cottages. Glad that some one else has mentioned horseriding as I own several here in the UK and would love a ride on the beach

Return to “Seahorse Inn”