Guest Report

4 room Guest House in Buccoo village (listing)
Stefan Roach

Guest Report

Post by Stefan Roach »

The three most important things I was looking for in accommodation in Tobago were comfort, safety and affordability.

Seaside Garden surpassed expectations. It is literally a 'seaside garden', and an incredible beautiful one. The greenery of the premises, the picturesque scenery of Bucco Bay, the sound of the ocean at nights and mornings and the birds greeting you in the kitchen all contributed to a therapeutic week for my girlfriend and I away from our busy lives back home.

My best memories however, were of the people I met during my stay. I can't imagine the place without Sheldon, the caretaker. He was very warm, friendly and professional. He offered advice to the best of his ability and went out of his way to help us with any problems. He was caretaker, tour-guide, navigator, entertainer, doctor and more...
We enjoyed conversations with the other tenants who hailed from Germany, Italy, Holland and Canada. The global reputation of Seaside Garden was evident.

Regarding safety, Bucco Village is very accommodating to tourists and so the villagers were very friendly. Tourism is a major part of their livelihood and they are protective of it. There even seemed to be more tourists in Bucoo than Tobagonians. We fished one night from the nearby jetty and ate a delicious meal at Sunday school on another. There was always a general feeling of safety and reassurance from those around us.

As you know, Seaside Garden's prices are excellent...we will return soon.

Return to “Seaside Garden”