Seaville Chateau Charlotteville

6 room Guest House in Charlotteville
Zora Lawrence

Post by Zora Lawrence »

Going to Tobago in Jan/Feb for 16 days (can't wait) - we have booked in to Bananaquit for the first few days and then plan on heading to Charlotteville (by bus - I love travelling on public transport abroad however long it takes!). I have exchanged a few e-mails with S Chateau but after sorting out my dates all emails ceased? Anyone heard of this place or been there. I guess I will try phoning. Want to stay somewhere cheap and clean and not up a steep hill! Thanks for any advice.
Cheers
Z 8)
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Zora

Sorry, but you have me at a disadvantage in that I've never heard of Seaville Chateau - which is why we don't list it. Please let me know where you got the details because if it is offering holiday accommodation, then I will add it to our listings just as soon as I can determine the basic information we show.

As regards e-mail, that doesn't surprise me, to be honest. Many properties over there only check their email weekly.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Zora Lawrence

Post by Zora Lawrence »

I was just surfing the net and they came up at seavillechateau.com at 4a Belle Aire Road - their rooms seem very reasonable and judging from the weird superimposed photo they are on relatively flat ground which is ideal for me. I was exchanging emails with Daphne which is in charge of their Trinidad apartment - I think she lost interest when I told her I wanted to book into their Tobago place. Think I will phone Brenda this coming weekend and will report back any outcome! Thanks for your quick response. This is a really great site - I have been lurking ever since we spent our AirMiles on our flight to Tobago!
Cheers
Zora
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Zora

Thanks for that - I've now been able to add it to our listings.

It looks very pleasant and will be very good value for money. However, I would suggest that it is far from on flat ground. All of Charlotteville is built on a hillside and only the very front tier of buildings are on the flat. Having said that, they do stress that they are the lower end of Belle Air Road, so unless you have a walking infirmity, it should not be a problem.

Good hunting!
Last edited by Steve Wooler on Sat May 27, 2006 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Wooler
Zora Lawrence

Post by Zora Lawrence »

Whew - that was quick! I have ME so have very good days and very bad days - but just to be on safe side would prefer something towards the sea - sad, but I have to avoid anything called Hillcrest, Hilltop etc etc! :lol:
Cheers
Zora
Zora Lawrence

Post by Zora Lawrence »

:cry: I've tried ring Seaville but there's never anyone there and their voice mail was completely full. I will keep on trying and report back.
Cheers
Zora
Glyn Kirpalani
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Glyn Kirpalani »

Hi Zora

I saw Seaville Chateau the other week for the first time, and it is situated on that flat strip which Steve refers to - pretty much behind the Cholson Chalets, ofset a fraction in direction of Be Air Rd. A 3 minute walk on the flat to the "centre" of town, a phrase used with caution given the size of the village!

A B&B owning friend also had her 'phone go down and voicemail box filled - and she told me that this had happened to several other B&B owners around the island - maybe SV is one of them?

Assuming that your booking was actually confirmed before emails ceased, then worry not - it is flat and I am sure you will be "in the diary". If you are still unsure of your booking, and if it turns out that when you call them from the Bananaquit you still get no response (or you wish to firm something up beforehand) then my advice is to choose one of several other nice guest/apartment houses in C'ville. Browse the listings/forum and you will find enough to keep you busy for a while.

Best wishes
Glyn Kirpalani
Zora Lawrence

Post by Zora Lawrence »

Thanks for the tips Glyn - I guess I still have 6 weeks to go (and counting) and will try phoning again - I am using the prefix recommended in another one of the Forums so my calls shouldn't be too expensive!
Cheers
Zora :)
Zora Lawrence

Seaville Update!

Post by Zora Lawrence »

Hooray - I finally managed to get through to SC today. And am booked for the end of January. Will report back!
Cheers
Zora
DanuIseult

Re: Seaville Chateau Charlotteville

Post by DanuIseult »

Hi Zora (and hi mytobago, thanks for having me)
I am planning a 3-month stay in Tobago approx Dec 16-March 16 and am looking for affordable guest houses. Your review of Seaville appeals to me as I also have ME (and SAD hence my needing to be in the sun this winter). I cannot find an email address for Seaville anywhere online, would you be able to help me out with details?

On an alternative note, does anyone know of any potential homestays in Tobago which might be cheaper and more "community integrated" than a guest house? I have family in Trinidad, but wouldn't wish to burden them for so long as do not know them very well, and would rather base myself in the rather gentler island of Tobago....

kind regards
x
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Dan

Welcome aboard! :D

I'm afraid that Seaville Chateau is one of those small properties that we have been unable to make contact with. The last email address we had for them was [email protected] - but enquiries to this address started bouncing so was removed from our listing. Many of these small locally-owned properties still have limited Internet access and don't check email.
Steve Wooler
DanuIseult

Post by DanuIseult »

Hi Steve
Many thanks for your speedy reply.
Yup, just tried that email and it bounced. Ah well, I'm emailing an abundant amount of guesthouses etc so I'm sure I'll find somewhere by December. I think I'll post on this forum regarding homestays too. BTW, I'm actually female :) and my name is Danu :) . I did think it odd that my username morphed into Dan U iseult :D !!!
Thank you for having me, the site is extremely useful and user friendly.
D x
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Danu

Sorry about morphing your name - all corrected now. Good luck with your search for suitable accommodation. :D
Steve Wooler

Return to “Seaville Chateau”