Guest Report

4 beach-side apartments in Castara. (listing)
Petrina Wake

Guest Report

Post by Petrina Wake »

Location, location,location! The apartments at alibaba's sea breeze overlook the small bay at Castara known as Heavenly Bay. The beach is a few steps away and this is a perfect spot for relaxing and taking time to enjoy the beautiful view. The apartment itself was basic but more than adequate, the bed was comfortable and sheets and towels were changed regularly during our 12 night stay. If you expect luxury and all mod cons this is not the place for you, however there was everything we needed and it was clean. I would strongly recommend stocking up very well at the supermarkets in Scarborough before you arrive as supplies are limited locally, although there are a few small stalls and shops. There is a small freezer and large fridge.
If you want to buy bread or cakes from the clay oven you need to go down early and pre order as demand is high. When we were there they were baking on Wednesday and Saturday. The bars and restaurants in the village, including the Boathouse seem to have erratic opening hours, although we were there in August so this may be why. ( another reason to make sure the fridge is full!) Alibaba was a great host and our day out in his boat, snorkelling the reefs and BBQ on a deserted beach is one I will always remember. Tobago is a beautiful island and it's people were friendly and helpful. If mornings on the balcony sharing breakfast with the birds and watching the fishermen and evenings enjoying the spark of fireflies and watching the sun go down with a cool drink are your thing then this is the place to do it. Don't miss the beautiful reef just around the bay, my first ever snorkelling expedition was an experience I will never forget.

Return to “Alibaba's Sea Breeze”