Guest Report

4 beach-side apartments in Castara. (listing)
Gerry Godfrey

Guest Report

Post by Gerry Godfrey »

We have just returned from a 3 week visit to Tobago. We stayed at Alibaba Sea Breeze apartments. Contrary to the concerning information posted on the Trinidad and Tobago travel service website we found Castara very safe and the people very honest and hospitable.
We were met at the airport and after a stop at Penny Savers the supermarket (this was not really necessary because you can now get most essentials in the village) it was straight back to Castara. Although I have stayed in Castara before, this was my first stay at Alibaba’s. On arrival at the apartment our first impressions was of a well thought out apartment. The kitchen was well stocked with all the kitchen equipment necessary for a holiday including a clock.
After a night’s sleep the king size bed was very comfy and although the apartments are tucked away in the corner of Heavenly bay there are wonderful views of the bays from the balcony and to wake up to the sound of the waves lapping on the beach was wonderful. The wildlife viewed from the balcony was also varied, from a great variety of birds, a large iguana green lizard, lots of smaller lizards and a red squirrel.
The apartment was cleaned and bedding changed 3 times a week. Steph or Brian (Alibaba) did everything to ensure that our holiday was relaxed and trouble free. We went on several Alibaba tours including the rain forest, a boat trip along the coast. The highlight of the holiday, was when we were able to swim with dolphins on our snorkelling trip. With Alibaba’s expert management of the boat he enabled everyone who wanted to, to spend time with these wonderful wild creatures.
Will I be returning to Castara, yes I will.

Return to “Alibaba's Sea Breeze”